• Atherys
  • Aloreh
  • Ar-Selukk
  • Ithero
  • Roreg Logh
  • The Daggerlands
  • Vrovona
Welcome to A'therys Ascended

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

61 posts in this topic

Whelp, for those of you who don't know, atherys is dead. Good and truly dead, and due to certain things staff be doing, it ain't coming back. And at this point if it does manage to eek out a meager bit of life after what staff has planned, I don't want to be here anyways, and I imagine that won't be an uncommon sentiment. I imagine this post will get deleted or blocked for me daring to say something bad about staff, but I just thought I'd take this opportunity to say goodbye. It was a great run, and while I'm sad I never got to see atherys in its glory days, or finish a lot of my project, I really enjoyed my time in here. I will miss you all, and I hope we see eachother again. I know there are a couple alternative servers people have been joining, hopefully some of you will join those.

And before I go, a message to staff. Your not dying because a lack of content. Your not dying because a lack of PvP, or bad plugins. Whats going on server side is more than enough if you were willing to work together to use them enjoyably. Whats killing you, is the wedge you drove between staff and players. No one on either side trusts eachother, and few even like eachother. Three things did this to you. Censorship, stubbornness, and more than anything else, secrecy. If you told people our plans for things, I'd you let them discuss them freely, and if you weren't too much of a mule to take advice, this server would have lasted a lot longer. Bit you didnt, and now your reaping what you sow. I know this will just be deleted and no one will really see it, but if nothing else, take my advice here. There is still a great community left here to be scavenged. Farewell Atherys.

4 people like this

Nice double post

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, raxiam said:

Nice double post

Phone glitch I think :l

1 person likes this

So, do you quit other games because you think they arn't telling you something, which could actually be making history for the game and especially for their gaming community, because they want to create this new development and make it something incredible with the hint of surprise and release at the end? If it were me:

1. I wouldn't leave right before something awesome.

2. I wouldn't slag the server/staff off.

And 3. I wouldn't get myself banned.

If you want to leave, go for it, but I've done that and after doing so realised what a mistake I had made. I struggled to find a community as great as this. Teh guys here might be hella annoying, post memes, or just too ambitious. But atleast you can talk to people here and 100% always have a polite and kind reply. Either way,

farewell dude.

3 people like this

Goodbye Burnside,

Just a few FYI's. Basically all advice or ideas (which were technically possible) that were brought to me by the playerbase found their way into the server. So i have no idea where you are coming from with "and if you weren't too much of a mule to take advice". 

Censorship, we never ever hid posts with opinions. Only posts with hate against someone or senseless memes on important posts. The big problem there are people like you yelling out loud "CENSORSHIP" and others believing you and repeating it and then you hearing it from them and so on. While in fact its just not true. Since i took over no genuine opinion was ever hidden. If i didn't agree with it i made an answer post. Even to the worst ones. 

And secrecy? Looking at all Games, MMORPG's etc out in the world, we may be one of the most open ones discussing plans etc. 
While i see every player as part of this community its impossible to go forward to anything if we open up everything to discussion. Hell, look at the two polls i did (and then gave up). Both were 50/50. 

Atherys right now is one of very few MMO's where players can have so much impact on the development as you guys have. Friday Chat is all about that too. And as i stated above. We always listened and stuff got implemented because of what you (the players) wanted. 

That's basically how it works. You guys tell us what you want, like, hate etc. And we who pay and work hart for it try our best to fulfill that and what we would like to see. If you hate us because of that then i wish you a good life. 

And for all the others. Atherys isn't dead. Just because Burnside doesn't get what he wants doesn't mean we closing down. He has absolutely no competence to close Atherys. That, in the end, is basically up to me. And as i said a while ago. There is no doubt in my mind that next year this time we still will be here and better than ever.

-Sellt

PS: btw. we don't hate or distrust the playerbase at all :D i love most of you guys. 

9 people like this

2 minutes ago, Sellt said:

And for all the others. Atherys isn't dead. 

image.jpeg

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Sellt said:

Goodbye Burnside,

Just a few FYI's. Basically all advice or ideas (which were technically possible) that were brought to me by the playerbase found their way into the server. So i have no idea where you are coming from with "and if you weren't too much of a mule to take advice". 

Censorship, we never ever hid posts with opinions. Only posts with hate against someone or senseless memes on important posts. The big problem there are people like you yelling out loud "CENSORSHIP" and others believing you and repeating it and then you hearing it from them and so on. While in fact its just not true. Since i took over no genuine opinion was ever hidden. If i didn't agree with it i made an answer post. Even to the worst ones. 

And secrecy? Looking at all Games, MMORPG's etc out in the world, we may be one of the most open ones discussing plans etc. 
While i see every player as part of this community its impossible to go forward to anything if we open up everything to discussion. Hell, look at the two polls i did (and then gave up). Both were 50/50. 

Atherys right now is one of very few MMO's where players can have so much impact on the development as you guys have. Friday Chat is all about that too. And as i stated above. We always listened and stuff got implemented because of what you (the players) wanted. 

That's basically how it works. You guys tell us what you want, like, hate etc. And we who pay and work hart for it try our best to fulfill that and what we would like to see. If you hate us because of that then i wish you a good life. 

And for all the others. Atherys isn't dead. Just because Burnside doesn't get what he wants doesn't mean we closing down. He has absolutely no competence to close Atherys. That, in the end, is basically up to me. And as i said a while ago. There is no doubt in my mind that next year this time we still will be here and better than ever.

-Sellt

PS: btw. we don't hate or distrust the playerbase at all :D i love most of you guys. 

22 minutes ago, Dannie said:

So, do you quit other games because you think they arn't telling you something, which could actually be making history for the game and especially for their gaming community, because they want to create this new development and make it something incredible with the hint of surprise and release at the end? If it were me:

1. I wouldn't leave right before something awesome.

2. I wouldn't slag the server/staff off.

And 3. I wouldn't get myself banned.

If you want to leave, go for it, but I've done that and after doing so realised what a mistake I had made. I struggled to find a community as great as this. Teh guys here might be hella annoying, post memes, or just too ambitious. But atleast you can talk to people here and 100% always have a polite and kind reply. Either way,

farewell dude.

I can come up with easily a dozen examples of post being unnescisarrily closed.

This isn't an MMO. I know what you guys are doing, an wiping the entire server, lore, and everything else without bringing the idea up to the community is bs. Especially since your closing down towns, and wiping all player data, without compensation, without even closing down the store. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Sjielt said:

This isn't an MMO. I know what you guys are doing, an wiping the entire server, lot, and everything else without bringing the idea up to the community is bs. Especially since your closing down towns, and wiping all player data, without compensation, without even closing down the store. 

And as for the stubbornness part, it's more about being stubborn in regards to the other things I've pointed out. Being told your doing things wrong, sometimes even admitting it or promising to do better, then going right back to doing it again.

Edited by Captain Sjielt
1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Captain Sjielt said:

This isn't an MMO. I know what you guys are doing, an wiping the entire server, lot, and everything else without bringing the idea up to the community is bs. Especially since your closing down towns, and wiping all player data, without compensation, without even closing down the store. 

You can believe what people tell you, aka rumours, but how many of those ever spread around here have actually been true... :P 

I can safely say no rumour, from a player, would ever make me quit. Mainly because there's always that chance it may not be true, especially the rumour you've heard. 

(The store: we would never rip people off and sell products the day/week/month before if it was going to be removed. It would be mentioned in a post beforehand, because that would indeed annoy people, which is certainly not our aim here. There's a clue)

1 person likes this

Just now, Dannie said:

You can believe what people tell you, aka rumours, but how many of those ever spread around here have actually been true... :P 

I can safely say no rumour, from a player, would ever make me quit. Mainly because there's always that chance it may not be true, especially the rumour you've heard.

This is true. And you know it. And you know I know it. I know your gonna deny deny deny, but t doesnt change the fact that half the players who actually give a damn know it. it wouldnt even be the worst idea, if you had just talked to the community about it.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Captain Sjielt said:

1. That was a huuuuge player wish. New Map / Map reset / similar comments. So this isn't just staff. This is a wish from the community.
2. All the that stuff is rumors you heard from somewhere and you didn't even bother asking me if they were true. 
3. Do you truly think i would rip you all off? Wow. I take that as a massive insult against me personally. Thanks for that.
4. And no i have no plans to rip anyone off. 
5. As i already said in another post. Don't believe rumors. Only facts posted by admins in this forum. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Sjielt said:

I once asked you to send me a pm with examples so i could rectify it. You never did. So i assume they don't exist.

This is true. And you know it. And you know I know it. I know your gonna deny deny deny, but t doesnt change the fact that half the players who actually give a damn know it. it wouldnt even be the worst idea, if you had just talked to the community about it.

To make it clear to everyone: Don't. Belive. the. rumors. 

3 people like this

1 minute ago, Sellt said:

1. That was a huuuuge player wish. New Map / Map reset / similar comments. So this isn't just staff. This is a wish from the community.
2. All the that stuff is rumors you heard from somewhere and you didn't even bother asking me if they were true. 
3. Do you truly think i would rip you all off? Wow. I take that as a massive insult against me personally. Thanks for that.
4. And no i have no plans to rip anyone off. 
5. As i already said in another post. Don't believe rumors. Only facts posted by admins in this forum. 

I once asked you to send me a pm with examples so i could rectify it. You never did. So i assume they don't exist.

I will do that when I have time to pursue for old posts, quit trying to detract. I know that you've been lying to everyone. I know that you've even been straight up SPYING on people who might know, and that you've been feeding false rumors to people so that you can denounce them and make any "rumors" that pop up just seem like rumors. I also know for absolute certain that this is true. An honestly, you talk about insulting mutherfugger I'm insulted. Even if, by the VERY off chance this isn't true, the fact that you went to the lengths you did to lie to one of the most loyal communities you can get is just.. well, you summed it up for me. It's insulting.

1 person likes this

I will do that when I have time to pursue for old posts, quit trying to detract. I know that you've been lying to everyone. I know that you've even been straight up SPYING on people who might know, and that you've been feeding false rumors to people so that you can denounce them and make any "rumors" that pop up just seem like rumors. I also know for absolute certain that this is true. An honestly, you talk about insulting mutherfugger I'm insulted. Even if, by the VERY off chance this isn't true, the fact that you went to the lengths you did to lie to one of the most loyal communities you can get is just.. well, you summed it up for me. It's insulting.

I can honestly say that i never once lied to any player about anything regarding Atherys. I can also say with absolute certainty that I didn't spy on anyone. Or that i planted wrong rumors. Why else would i say in post after post that if you hear a rumor you should just ask me instead of assuming its right and go mad about it....

And i never denounced anyone.. not in a post, not in ts or skype chats... just reminded people to not believe rumors and instead asking me or just believe what is posted on the forum by admins.. there isn't really any need to spread false rumors and denouncing people.. doesn't make sense. 

So whatever made you think i lied (when and about what??) you may have gotten bad information. You on skype? maybe you can explain to me what happened that you think i lied to the community... 

And i didn't try to detract.. just handling several things at the same time...

1 person likes this

Before you say goodbye for ever you should remember the good times on Atherys. I myself have quit atherys a few of times in the past, twice because I had no internet and once because I just grew tired of minecraft. But I always remembered the good times which is why I'm still here, you may think atherys is dead but I can tell you it isn't. You may say how is it not dead when only a few people are online at a time, well because I am in a few staff chats that are and have been working at ways to revive the community. To say atherys is dead is to say that the Administration and moderators are gone, if that were the case then I'd agree that it's dead. But no, the staff teams haven't given up and don't plan on it even if there are 0 players online at times. 

I just say have some trust in sellt, be patient and good things will come. 

2 people like this

42 minutes ago, Dannie said:

Post memes

Dannie you make me sad.

Also since we are all speaking our minds, I too would like to throw in my two cents, this is things that has been bothering me and are just questions. No flame no hate, just questions looking for answers

1. When the server was active, I saw little new content, but now when it isnt active i see that we have all these new cool mobs, dungeons, events and the nether island, why wasnt everything Done sooner?

2. Mapwipe/New smaller smazzy looking map?

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Sund_Wixius said:

1. When the server was active, I saw little new content, but now when it isnt active i see that we have all these new cool mobs, dungeons, events and the nether island, why wasnt everything Done sooner?

2. Mapwipe/New smaller smazzy looking map?

1. Not to slay the creation and execution of Evo, but from the very beginning little to no content was added. It was only after September/October that we got together an ideas board to brainstorm ideas and meetings which began to get longer the more ideas that got brought up (they are about 2 hours long now). Those ideas, aswell as ideas from the suggestions forum are being worked on, I can 1000% promise you that with every thread, suggestion, idea, even a reply on a thread with an idea has been mentioned in our skype chat and is on our minds. That suggestions forum is where all these ideas (more so player suggestions) are documented, it's where we connect with you to get ideas to shape the future for A'therys. Why of so recent are things being created? New content has been entering the server since.. I want to say December really. Xathas with his lore, Haed with his plugins, Dani, Red with their quests (at the christmas island), and now (slowly) building.. our own build team. 

These type of additions to the game are only going to grow throughout 2017.

2. Patience.

4 people like this

why wasnt everything Done sooner?

In my own case; I was on a cruise ship and unable to access the server from August ---> February. So I mainly kept to the backend of the Wiki and made articles, tried to leave open plot points with the hopes people would want to try and explore them and use them for their own roleplay.

- I got mobs and perms beginning of March, and have worked my damndest to learn at a rapid pace; which is why my Wiki updates have been less as of late.

- Half of the game is having the right people at the right time. So my timing is, unfortunately off.

We can't undo the mistakes of the past, but we can work towards keeping a reason for new players to stay and old players to come online and try it out. And even then, only half of the game is what we put out - the other half is people choosing to come on and attend events, delve dungeons, and gathering friends to play.

3 people like this

bye

4 people like this

5 minutes ago, Xathas said:

In my own case; I was on a cruise ship and unable to access the server from August ---> February. So I mainly kept to the backend of the Wiki and made articles, tried to leave open plot points with the hopes people would want to try and explore them and use them for their own roleplay.

- I got mobs and perms beginning of March, and have worked my damndest to learn at a rapid pace; which is why my Wiki updates have been less as of late.

- Half of the game is having the right people at the right time. So my timing is, unfortunately off.

We can't undo the mistakes of the past, but we can work towards keeping a reason for new players to stay and old players to come online and try it out. And even then, only half of the game is what we put out - the other half is people choosing to come on and attend events, delve dungeons, and gathering friends to play.

Did you get scurvy?

10 minutes ago, Sund_Wixius said:

Did you get scurvy?

1. LOL

2. yeah. after i took over we first needed to get organized again. Many staff members (me included) were down. We started with planning.. a lot of sellt chats to hear the community, more planning based on that and then turning that into features. That sadly always takes a lot of time, even more when the people involved have RL jobs/school. We didn't start working on all this content when we saw people leaving. All this stuff you see was started last year in some way. Even the nether island was in the planning phase back then. 

3. Even stuff we plan and work on for the future has started in some way about shortly after i took over.

4 people like this

46 minutes ago, Sellt said:

I can honestly say that i never once lied to any player about anything regarding Atherys. I can also say with absolute certainty that I didn't spy on anyone. Or that i planted wrong rumors. Why else would i say in post after post that if you hear a rumor you should just ask me instead of assuming its right and go mad about it....

And i never denounced anyone.. not in a post, not in ts or skype chats... just reminded people to not believe rumors and instead asking me or just believe what is posted on the forum by admins.. there isn't really any need to spread false rumors and denouncing people.. doesn't make sense. 

So whatever made you think i lied (when and about what??) you may have gotten bad information. You on skype? maybe you can explain to me what happened that you think i lied to the community... 

And i didn't try to detract.. just handling several things at the same time...

I do have Skype. Names Burnside on there, red and blue icon. I'd love to hear you try and explain this one away.

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Captain Sjielt said:

I do have Skype. Names Burnside on there, red and blue icon. I'd love to hear you try and explain this one away.

Added you (i hope). And i would love to hear what "this one" is :D

1 person likes this

The server population does not reflect upon the well-being of A'therys.

Here's how it works in my mind. A'therys is only as dead as the people working on it. Meaning, that as long as there are people to produce new content for the server and the community ( as small as it may become ), then by definition it is not dead. Yeah, we can't keep you guys entertained all the time. That's true. The server gets stale, it gets boring, for no other reason than because people get their fill of it and leave. Sometimes they come back, sometimes they don't. That's the nature of all games, not just A'therys. Thinking to my own gaming experience, I can recount more than one time where I've quit a game like WoW only to come back to it some time later. I can't stand to play the same damn game without a break.

Are there things that can be changed to squeeze a bit more life out of a player wave? Sure. But you must also remember that we're here to create the game we want to play. It's unreasonable to believe that we're expected to deliver on every single demand you guys make. We're not blind, we see the issues present on the server just as well as others, but there is a limit to what we can do to fix them. Our dream is to have a flourishing server too. We're not here to milk A'therys for the money and then take it out behind the garden shed and shoot it. 

And then there are people who claim that one single fix, just the tiniest thing ( like toggling PvP to permanently on ), will save us from our low population count and breathe life into the server once more. That's not true, lets not pretend that will ever be true. If a single fix brought us back to a population count in the hundreds, do you honestly believe we'd be stupid enough to ignore it?

Are we discouraged that the server is at a low right now? Well, I haven't spoken to others about it, but personally it makes me more motivated if anything. I remember the times when we regularly had tonnes of players on too. I'd very much like to go back to those times. And I, personally, fully intend to work towards that goal. 

The only thing left for you guys to do is just check back in every now and again. On the forums, on the server, wherever. At the end of the day, that's what defines a community, a group of people who gather around similar interests. Do they have to actively engage in these interests all day every day? Of course not, that's unreasonable. People have jobs, they have lives, they have other interests as well, and A'therys can't possibly hope to ever engage the consciousness of it's community for every waking hour of the day.

People say it's dead, I'm not convinced. Edd said this way back when as well, multiple times. We ( the remaining staff ) might be the last people in this damn forum or on that almost-empty server, but god damn it, it'll always be our server and we'll always work to better it. You guys just need to stick around and enjoy. Or not. Your choice.

7 people like this

1 hour ago, Sellt said:

Added you (i hope). And i would love to hear what "this one" is :D

I'll add you when I get home

1 person likes this

Well this has been quite the entertaining read as a study break dannieduck

5 people like this

The staff trying to defend the server not being dead is the funniest thing yet I have experienced here, from deleting posts for no reason in any players mind besides staff, too the stubbornness of the staff. 

hehexd 

3 people like this