• ūüéÉ
  • Official Lore Changelog 10/18/2017
  • Join our build server @ build.atherys.com
  • Always keep up to date with us on Twitter!
  • ūüéÉ
  • Atherys
  • Aloreh
  • Ar-Selukk
  • Ithero
  • Roreg Logh
  • The Daggerlands
  • Vrovona
ExecutionSty1e

Returning Player

Question

I was really happy to see this server is still up and seems to have a solid core community. I started playing back in the B-dubs boom. At least some of you should remember that time, as when I was new everyone referred to that surge of population. I left because the town I was apart of disbanded and those friends were really my only connection to the community. Still, I've never found a more beautiful server with better plugins + roleplay community. So I'm wanting to come back.

Upon rejoining, I was a bit overwhelmed. Things are new which was to be expected, as well as the population low. That really doesn't bug me as some of the best communities are small, but couple that with the immense amount of grinding, relearning, and generally being alone this time around. It just leads me to the question.

Is there incentive for new or returning players?

• Like 9

29 answers to this question

Things to do in game : 

Dungeons!

Nether exploration!

Hunt down pirates in Virion Alesce

Find bosses in the PvE world

Second dungeon releasing this week! :)

• Like 3

Yes, stick around. And welcome back

• Like 5

Oh look, someone else who joined during Bdubs!  That makes 2 again now!! xD 

But yeah, things have been a bit busy irl lately as people are wrapping up school and changing into their summer routines, however development on the server hasn't been this good since the Summer Rime!  Good time to be getting back into things and experience the changes, so welcome back!

• Like 2

y'all can't even welcome a returning player back to the community without spazzing and blame the staff for low numbers 

• Like 4

Anyway, I don't want to leave this thread on a bad note.

I logged in last night, got picked up by xathas and brought along for some dungeon fun. My connection dropped but when I came back today I got picked up by a town and had a great time exploring. I can deal with the current population low.  Hope to see some of you in there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Captain Sjielt said:

RIGGED.thumb.jpg.a76c4c8826f297fb8d2a59e8adb706b9.jpgNot saying it's rigged but if its rigged i said it first

Rigged? Towards what end?

Looking at this quality screen grab of my profile, I guess your trying to communicate that it's odd I only have one forum post?

5 hours ago, Captain Sjielt said:

its just a joke my dood lol. the server's dead or at the least on its last breath. the staff killed it and are continuing to do so and are being paranoid about people saying so. It wouldnt surprise me if they went through the trouble to make fake accounts to try and hype people up for the server, but as said, just a prank bro.

I thought you left? If you're having some troubles, just let me know and I can sort that for you.

7 hours ago, ExecutionSty1e said:

Well it's clear this server is incredible. I agree with there being many fun things to do, which is incentive for new players. Returning though... I just remember the amount of xp for leveling was tedious to say the least. As a returning player it is discouraging to have all the experience mean nothing.

Thanks dude. And if you want to pm regarding xp, please do and we can sort that out.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Captain Sjielt said:

I mean, it was intended to be a joke, as specified. but then again, you guys have created fake ts accounts to spy on the people who actually know what you intended to do with the server, and listened in on private chats. Oh, and created false rumors just so you can denounce them and discredit people who might want to tell others whats going on. But its cool, totally far fetched lol. Im such a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist. 

That's a generous amount of proof and argumentation you have provided there. Stay strong, Alex Jones.

hahah, trust me, im not the one being a spazz. Idk if youve been filled in, but if you havent, hmu on discord and ill fill you in :)

Can I be filled in too? I seem to have missed a few of the last secret atherys freemason meetings, so I'm kind of behind on all the evil plots we have going on. Need to get informed by someone as woke as yourself.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Captain Sjielt said:

I mean, it was intended to be a joke, as specified. but then again, you guys have created fake ts accounts to spy on the people who actually know what you intended to do with the server, and listened in on private chats. Oh, and created false rumors just so you can denounce them and discredit people who might want to tell others whats going on. But its cool, totally far fetched lol. Im such a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist. 

Meh, I guess everyone else will see in a couple months then eh?

Eh, still checking in every now and then to see how long it takes you guys to kill off the handful of loyalists still left. What do you mean by 'some troubles?'

I love how you talk like you're some old vet. You've been around what, 6 months at most? You're a spoilt brat and nothing more. Go back and ask mum for a hug and your action figures back. Jesus Lord.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Dan The Derp said:

No, not really.

Get truckin downvoted kiddo.

20 hours ago, ExecutionSty1e said:

I was really happy to see this server is still up and seems to have a solid core community. I started playing back in the B-dubs boom. At least some of you should remember that time, as when I was new everyone referred to that surge of population. I left because the town I was apart of disbanded and those friends were really my only connection to the community. Still, I've never found a more beautiful server with better plugins + roleplay community. So I'm wanting to come back.

Upon rejoining, I was a bit overwhelmed. Things are new which was to be expected, as well as the population low. That really doesn't bug me as some of the best communities are small, but couple that with the immense amount of grinding, relearning, and generally being alone this time around. It just leads me to the question.

Is there incentive for new or returning players?

Well currently i wouldnt say it is worth playing now, but eventually the happy days will come and everything will be great.

• Like 1

Well it's clear this server is incredible. I agree with there being many fun things to do, which is incentive for new players. Returning though... I just remember the amount of xp for leveling was tedious to say the least. As a returning player it is discouraging to have all the experience mean nothing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Captain Sjielt said:

its just a joke my dood lol. the server's dead or at the least on its last breath. the staff killed it and are continuing to do so and are being paranoid about people saying so. It wouldnt surprise me if they went through the trouble to make fake accounts to try and hype people up for the server, but as said, just a prank bro.

Holy shit

And you call us paranoid? Tell me, honestly, do you believe we'd go through the trouble to create fake accounts just so we can claim old players are coming back? To what end? Where's the pay off for this?

I genuinely can't even. The ignorance and outright paranoia in this post baffles my mind to a degree that it has never been baffled to before.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Captain Sjielt said:

rU3Wsbi.png

• Like 10

16 hours ago, Captain Sjielt said:

@ExecutionSty1e There are plenty of reasons to stick around, I can assure you. Atherys has it's dips and highs. Right now there is a dip, it's exam period, it's to be expected. However when the server has an active population it is one of the most addictive and enjoyable experiences in minecraft and indeed any game. Whilst the activity online is currently low, the community is still around, and it's still a great bunch of people. I know i've met lifelong friends here. 

Don't listen to the kid I've quoted above. He didn't get his way once and he's so used to being spoon-fed by mummy that he threw a tantrum and finds great solitude in being your typical downer about a server he once loved. Each to their own. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Captain Sjielt said:

RIGGED.thumb.jpg.a76c4c8826f297fb8d2a59e8adb706b9.jpgNot saying it's rigged but if its rigged i said it first

?

• Like 1

On ‚Äé5‚Äé/‚Äé17‚Äé/‚Äé2017 at 11:54 AM, HaedHutner said:

rU3Wsbi.png

Literally perfect:D

Kid needs to get some eggplantand take a chill pill.

nyxpS1B - Imgur.png

Edited by TaTer120
  • Like 1

Haha Alex Jones is adorable. I'm not providing evidence, because it's not my job. I'm more or less just laughing at the whole thing at this point, people can believe me or not, idc. Although it is adorable that you continue to label ME as a conspiracy theorist. 

I don't really think I'm part of this y'all group, I'm more or less just a lone meme at this point.

? Don't what?

If you were just "laughing" at this whole thing at this point, you wouldn't bother to continue posting. But for some unforeseen reason you keep thinking people want to hear your "theories".

And yes, YOU ARE a conspiracy theorist. All you have done is "the staff has done this" (with no proof) "the staff has done that" (also, what a shock, with no proof)

The whole point of conspiracy theory is acting as if you have proof, when you don't, which is what you are doing. You may not have proof, or it may not be "your job" to provide "proof", but if you're just gonna blabble about stuff you've heard or whatever, take that elsewhere. Conspiracy theorist are considered insane for a reason. Hence the Alex Jones meme's that have seemingly gone right over your head.

Edited by TaTer120
  • Like 1

This player, seemingly an old vet, has made a post to say he is back, and obviously wants to have fun, and then gets spamed with notifications whilst people bicker to one another on his topic. I'm glad the community has realised what stupidity some individuals, and one individual in particular, can come out with. It's shown quite evidently whose answers to this topic are all the way at the bottom because of 15 odd downvotes. Looking at it, you'd think that number represented their age.

I've answered Exe's question today and its now sorted. I'm disappointed I have to silence people and lock threads because this thread could have been useful to another new member, but I'm not having a player be spammed because some inavalid can't keep their gob clean. 

Thanks to the people who answered this question, as always if you want to query this a pm will do fine.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Captain Sjielt said:

hahah, trust me, im not the one being a spazz. Idk if youve been filled in, but if you havent, hmu on discord and ill fill you in :)

IMG_0034.JPG

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HaedHutner said:

Holy shit

And you call us paranoid? Tell me, honestly, do you believe we'd go through the trouble to create fake accounts just so we can claim old players are coming back? To what end? Where's the pay off for this?

I genuinely can't even. The ignorance and outright paranoia in this post baffles my mind to a degree that it has never been baffled to before.

Meh, I guess everyone else will see in a couple months then eh?

20 hours ago, Dannie said:

I thought you left? If you're having some troubles, just let me know and I can sort that for you.

Thanks dude. And if you want to pm regarding xp, please do and we can sort that out.

Eh, still checking in every now and then to see how long it takes you guys to kill off the handful of loyalists still left. What do you mean by 'some troubles?'

Edited by Dannie
Don't target my staff.

6 hours ago, MisChiv said:

I love how you talk like you're some old vet. You've been around what, 6 months at most? You're a spoilt brat and nothing more. Go back and ask mum for a hug and your action figures back. Jesus Lord.

K.

Ignoring the fact I joined in v2, and more importantly the fact thats totally irrelevant, I love how you immediately turn to childish insults (whilst calling me childish) an fail to address the things I said. But yeah. I'm the child here

K

20 hours ago, ExecutionSty1e said:

Anyway, I don't want to leave this thread on a bad note.

I logged in last night, got picked up by xathas and brought along for some dungeon fun. My connection dropped but when I came back today I got picked up by a town and had a great time exploring. I can deal with the current population low.  Hope to see some of you in there.

Oh yeah, it is a cool server and the vast majority of people on here are really chill. If nothing else try and get added to some of the Skype chats and discords, most of the ppl on here are into other games and servers as well.