Live Updates

We are currently updating our website to the latest IPB version - please be patient whilst we update the A'therys theme to work with this.  Some areas of our website may look distorted, please don't panic, this will be rectified.

MisChiv

The New Way Forward With Heroes

Greetings, all who voted in @BlackRuins poll on how they would like to see heroes progress!

As we all saw, the option "5-6 Active skills" Was by far the most picked, achieving almost 3 times as many votes as other categories. With 7-8 and 4-5 coming in behind. Given that feedback, we've come up with a new structure for all our heroes classes. 

All classes will have 5-6 active skills, as well as 1 or 2 passive/toggle skills. The heroes team thinks this is the best way to reach a balance between those who want simplified combat options with those who value the more complicated style of combat. Let me give an example concept.

Sentinel  
-600HP

-Diamond Helmet

-Diamond Chestplate

-Diamond Leggings

-Diamond Boots

-Dia. Sword: 20

(Numbers are subject to change in balance)

Skill

Level

Cooldown

Description

Values

Kick

-

-

Resolve

(Passive)

Players nearby the Sentinel can’t take more than 50 damage from any single source.

Radius: 3

Guard

-

-

Rescue

-

-

Innerlight

-

-

Battlecry

-

-

Ram

-

-

Divine Strength

(Passive)

When the player hits 90HP, they fly 15 blocks into the air, heal, then come crashing down, knocking enemies up, dealing damage and silencing them.

HP Restored: 60
Radius: 8
Silence: 3
Damage: 45
Cooldown: 120

As you can see, the sentinel has 6 active skills, only 6 buttons need to be bound. This can easily be done in binds and in macros. It also has 2 passives, one of which is a nice, small buff to allies, and the other is a high-impact, high cooldown passive. So whilst you do not have to bind "Divine Strength", you still get to utilise it with ease. (Note sections with '-' in them just mean the values are the same as the configuration right now)

We hope this is a good option for all parties concerned!

Thanks for reading
-Chiv

Edited by MisChiv
  • Like 20
1 minute ago, Destruct said:

Please please please don't count skills that aren't actively used in combat such as track or teleport as one of the 6 active skills.

maybe not teleport but i think track should count, but hey thats just my opinion and i respect your opinion

• Like 1

One question: Are their going to be any more ranged classes? Just me personally, I'd love to see different types of bow-based classes. I main Warden, as most of you know, but I'd love to see more then just classes with bow as an option, other then Trueshot (which honestly right now sucks), and Saboteur. And maybe new skills other then a simple slow and stun based arrow? I do love my poison arrow, but maybe something like, shoot an arrow and something spawns there, like a wolf (OP, yes.) or some cobwebs. I don't know, just make it a little more interesting I guess is what I'm saying. :)

14 hours ago, Destruct said:

Please please please don't count skills that aren't actively used in combat such as track or teleport as one of the 6 active skills.

Don't worry, we plan to not count skills like teleport, summon, track, etc as PvP-active skills.

3 hours ago, Ahlethra said:

One question: Are their going to be any more ranged classes? Just me personally, I'd love to see different types of bow-based classes. I main Warden, as most of you know, but I'd love to see more then just classes with bow as an option, other then Trueshot (which honestly right now sucks), and Saboteur. And maybe new skills other then a simple slow and stun based arrow? I do love my poison arrow, but maybe something like, shoot an arrow and something spawns there, like a wolf (OP, yes.) or some cobwebs. I don't know, just make it a little more interesting I guess is what I'm saying. :)

We don't plan to release any more classes, including bow classes, and I doubt we ever will. Regarding current bow classes, more info on that will come later. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BlackRuins said:

Don't worry, we plan to not count skills like teleport, summon, track, etc as PvP-active skills.

We don't plan to release any more classes, including bow classes, and I doubt we ever will. Regarding current bow classes, more info on that will come later. 

Remove demilune and make Enderlune

6 hours ago, Ahlethra said:

With regard to bows, we know they're broken and we are doing something about it, sorry for the long wait. And regarding things like spawning a wolf or placing cobweb; it is very hard to justify CC skills for classes with an innate ability to high amounts of damage at a good range, with no setbacks. Give a ranger class a web-like skill and suddenly they can plink 5 arrows into someone as they struggle to get out of the cobweb. Summoning a wolf is more interesting, however I think people have had enough with buggy oneshot wolves for now. Warden as a whole needs a deep-clean and both trueshot and sabo will also be receiving updates soon.

1 hour ago, charlotteXcharles said:

*hopes pyro gets a burnblink again*

Giving a mage a tools to travel short distances quickly can be problematic. Whilst most mages need one to stay relevant, there was a period of time where Pyro had both this and blazing speed. This gave it crazy amounts of kiting potential and caused it to outclass almost any other damage mage. So if it gets burn blink, it wont have blazing speed and vice versa.

1 hour ago, MisChiv said:

Giving a mage a tools to travel short distances quickly can be problematic. Whilst most mages need one to stay relevant, there was a period of time where Pyro had both this and blazing speed. This gave it crazy amounts of kiting potential and caused it to outclass almost any other damage mage. So if it gets burn blink, it wont have blazing speed and vice versa.

Say goodbye burning speed ;)

4 minutes ago, Foe said:

can have prettyier support classes please. can have ana from overwatch also @MisChiv and i want my d.va with the horses class please can i have

sorry Fatal doesn't balance everything any more, so no more overwatch memes

• Like 3