- Gennaian Isles
Recently Browsing 1 member
Hello everyone! It's been a while for me since I've been on A'Therys and/or been actively following the forums here. I've been a veteran of A'Therys for a long while, but its common for me to play in long bursts followed by periods of inactivity. The only thing I've been aware of since around June is that Horizons is the new iteration of A'therys and that it will take the concept into the modded world of minecraft which something me and my friends have been fantasizing about since 2013. I have to say (and I speak for my friends as well) that I am overwhelmingly excited for A'Therys Horizons and so ready for this. Now that I am back home for break and have a bit of time on my hands I want to learn all I can about A'therys Horizons. I don't have lots of free time to do it though, So I am here asking for people to be so kind as to post any links to threads they feel are relevant to me getting a full grasp on all of the new confirmed or likely content coming to Horizons. explaining stuff here is okay too. Either works!
This could include info on the:
map economy leveling system classes skill progression How towns and communities will work ANYTHING else anyone finds relevant to a good understanding! I'm fully aware that maybe some of the specifics I've asked for may not have been disclosed yet - but that's okay.
Thank you in advance!
So I 100% fell off the once a week updates, partly because we’ve hit a few stop-and-goes, I moved apartments and had no internet, and then got slammed with the big summer festival tech rush. BUT thankfully there’s a team behind me making sure ideas are put in and moving forward.
Nation Lore Kilnholdt nearly completed. Will not be adding to the Wiki until closer to launch. Daidama roughly 75% completed; undergoing large rewrite. Atvoria roughly 50% completed. Gennaian Isles and Dalkun-Tir still in notes & concept phases. Shattered Lands in concept & reference phases.
Updates to Player Characters Early in, I promised to find a better transition means between player characters and canon characters. New system in the works. No, I won’t be going LOTC crazy New system to be implemented (unrelated to “My Timeline” which Sellt has mentioned) to streamline PC’s into the Wiki. Working out checks & balances. Also working out plans of attack for storyline events. Goal : prevent the win or no goodies mentality Better means of prize selection. Possible point system based on factors of participation and individual achievement, rather than “my side won”.
C is for Contest! Submit a Creature to be considered for the Bestiary of the A'therys wiki. Creatures submitted must contain the following information. Name Environment/Region Physiology/Description Height/Weight Breeding Habits Unique Abilities (if any) Environment/Region (Does this creature reside in a particular region, or is it broady found? Which environments does it thrive in) Organization (IE: a group of lizards is called a lounge) OPTIONAL : Additional Information, Sketch, etc. Creatures may not exist in another setting, world, etc. Submit by August 31st : winners will be announced on September 14th.
View full record
Good day A'therians! Today I come with fantastic news.
As you all know, the years of A'therys have seen some impressive flags; From the glorious Vrovonic Sun to the randomness of egg-plant and duck flags.
This month, we challenge your artistic talents and ideals to suggest national flags for each of the five new nations!
**** What We're Looking For ****
Please submit the following for your entry to be considered:
* Nation : The most important thing to know; we obviously can't judge criteria unless you tell us which nation you're submitting for.
* Flag Design : What is your intended design for the flag; this can include the emblem, color scheme, and even how it is carried (Is it a pennant, a battle standard, or does the flag have a unique shape to it?)
* In-Game Appearance : Please include a photo of an in-game appearance of your flag. As Horizons will be using Conquest, please send a photo of your flag In-Game.
* What Your Flag Represents : Every flag's symbols mean something. For example; the United States has 50 stars representing the 50 states; and 13 stripes to represent the original 13 colonies.
* ( Optional ) Artistic Render : Do you have artistic talent, or know an artist who's willing to help you out? Feel free to shoot along an out-of-game artistic render!
* ( Optional ) Bribe the Judges : We accept Cash, Check, Gold, Bitcoins, and your parents' credit cards
* DISCLAIMER : This last one is a joke...
You may submit entries until December 31st, 2017.
Limit 1 Flag Entry per person, per nation (You can submit 1 flag for all 5 nations , but not 5 flags for 1 nation)
Winners will be announced January 14th, 2018!
Are you looking to buy a prime piece of property this side of the Stormwall?
Well have I got a deal for you!
Today we have a special post for you as a small update, which will hopefully provide some insight into the functioning of towns in Horizons. As you know, towns are an important aspect of the server experience. They provide us with shelter, community, and inspire us to build and immerse ourselves in the map. However, some changes are important to know for the release of Horizons.
- Towns will no longer be purchasable with real money: all towns will be available within the game using in-game currency.
- We will no longer be using Towny; a custom plugin is being developed for our specific needs.
- There will be a minimum player requirement to start a town. No longer will one or two person towns be allowed to set up – our preliminary go-to number has been 10 people, but this may change (however it will not change drastically, so be prepared.) Without this minimum your purchase will be rejected by your nation head.
- Each town will be required to pay a periodic upkeep through in-game currency. This will automatically be charged to your town bank; nonpayment will result in penalties up to eventual removal of your town. The upkeep will require that minimum of people to meet – extra hands will lighten the burden for you. Maintaining an active player-base will therefore be crucial to the survival of your town. We are aware that this number is high – it is meant to be. You may need to reach out to players you have not traditionally played with to meet the requirements. With this, new players will be valued as potential contributors to the towns upkeep and be welcomed everywhere.
- Towns who keep their PvP status on (more on this later*) will be granted special privilege – their upkeep rates will be lower, allowing for less work to be spent mining and trading, and more time slaying and looting. This may not seem like much of a benefit at first, but players will quickly see the value in having to pay less tax. There will be more information on this process at a later date.
- To facilitate players without a town, capitals will be livable – Considered a starter town, the nation head will be tasked with overseeing the running of their nation hub. In it you will be given opportunity for room and board in case you are unable to join a player-ran town. Your lodgings may not be as luxurious as if you were in a player ran town though.
More information will be released later, and all above is subject to change! This is the working explanation for the town mechanic – it may be tweaked, however the main points are relatively safe to assume as true unless stated otherwise.
(Just an example of a title deed given by a nation Head)
Man, after weeks and weeks of just working on what we already told you i thought its time to give you a small update.
Coding is still underway, further along than we ever where. We got the combat system sorted out and its now put into code.
Got more artists on board for lore and items.
We now use the main server as our development server where head, dannie, dev members etc are working as much as they can to finish all.
Now the most important thing for this diary, sadly, through some time issues with the map and no work for our builders we lost a lot of them. But now we are at a point where we actually need builders to work on national buildings. So if you can build please apply and we can put you to work immediately!
Build Team Application: https://atherys.typeform.com/to/kVygUS
What you would work on:
And a sneak peak at what follows:
So yeah, work is going full on!
Hello. As requested @raxiam on Discord yesterday I've gone and made a downloads page for the previous A'therys Ascended maps.
Evo is currently not available and won't be until the release of Horizons.
That is all.
So as some people have seen, I've been tinkering with a few fun additions for the Wiki.
For those who haven't seen, please note the Test Character here.
A few questions I'd like to ask regarding it :
A) How does the sidebar interact on mobile? If it's working correctly it should center at the bottom of the Screen, and not cause any trouble. If any platforms are having trouble in this regard let me know and I'll try to flag it for backend to look at
B) I've altered the link code in the Namelink to open its link in a New Tab, rather than redirecting you. My logic is it'll cause less trouble wiht people losing their reading place. If I were to implement this in the entire Wiki's namelinks, would you like it?
C) Less a question; more an FYI - due to suggestions, website development is looking into adding a Search Bar into the Wiki to help find lore easier. So thanks to the community for always engaging in reading and giving constructive suggestions and comments our way