Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Wiki Entry Wednesday is still happening!
This week, the Lore Team was enjoying a nice holiday break. But we had this little goodie stashed away waiting for release
We'll be back with our weekly nation releases next week, but for this lovely interlude; enjoy a short tale from the world of A'therys.
Added Legacy of Fire to A'therian Tales Written by @Preselier minor style edits by @Xathas
Happy Wiki-Entry Wednesday!
Well, presuming you're all still excited about new Wiki Entries, we're at my favorite day of the week again!
Added Kilden Culture to the Wiki Kilden Culture original concept by @Foe First draft by @Foe and @Razrivon Critiques and edits by @Xathas @RuddyFand @Kmartinator
First off; apologies for the delay - but Thanksgiving in the US and delicious food prep took priority!
That noted; I promise you this update was worth the wait!!!
HAPPY WIKI-ENTRY WEDNESDAY Friday!!!
Added History of Atvoria to the Wiki. It can also be accessed by clicking the Atvoria icon from the lorelanding.
- History of Atvoria concept by @Xathas ; Original draft by @Xathas - Lore Train on Fire edits by @Dani and @Razrivon
- Additional consistency and grammar checks by @Kmartinator and @RuddyF
Added The Zenith Break to Major Events Added Kiinfolk to the Bestiary - Zenith Break pulled from original History draft by @Xathas ; Edits by @Dani and @Razrivon
- Kiinfolk original concept by @Aerun - original draft by @Xathas ; editing by @Razrivon and @Kmartinator
It's that time of week again!
Today we explore the city risen from seafoam, Glasscastle.
Added the cty of Glasscastle to Atvoria
Original draft by @Xathas
Critiques and edits by @RuddyF , @Rynelf , and @Kmartinator
Happy New Year, and Wiki-Entry Wednesday!
This week marks a return to new nation info, specifically: Dalkun-Tir
Added Technology of Dalkun-Tir to the Wiki
Original draft by @Dani
Second draft by @Xathas
Critiques and edits by @Dani , @Foe , and @Kmartinator
Added Marao's Fall to the Wiki
Original draft by @Xathas
Critiques and edits by @RuddyF , @Foe , and @Kmartinator
I am conscious about releasing more sneak peeks of the build teams progress to the public to keep people interested! In the future you can look foward to seeing more sneak peeks on current build projects. Below you can find a picture of the main feature of Falkynthos, the Gennaian capital. As stated in the lore, this is the great Temple of Sjilea comissioned by Theoros in the Goddess' honour.
We knew when attempting Falkynthos and Gennaia that ancient Greek themed builds were going to feature prominently. However, we wanted to move it beyond its stereotype of pillars and great buildings and introduce a fantasy feature to the mix. In order to achieve just that, we decided to explore the idea of placing the temple of Sjilea upon a great cliff with a cascading waterfalls all around. "Those travellers who often sought comfort in the thought of paradise or heaven often allured their dreams to images of the Temple of Sjilea and its gardens, an area of outstanding natural beauty." - Some lore person I just made up.
We need you!
I want to take this chance to thank everyone on the build team who has assisted in the project so far, though there is plenty still left to do. This moves me to my next point, we need you! Have you ever wanted to try your hand at building? Join with a team that encourages self-value and respect for one another? Amongst our current builders, we have an accolade of creative vision and an ambition to deliver for what the community expects of us. As such we recruit builders who are knowledgeable of Conquest Reforged, and though we may not be the best, we drive ourselves to deliver and not compromise quality with a bespoke building structure. Whether you're a new or existing community member, I encourage you to apply today!
Good day A'therians! Today I come with fantastic news.
As you all know, the years of A'therys have seen some impressive flags; From the glorious Vrovonic Sun to the randomness of egg-plant and duck flags.
This month, we challenge your artistic talents and ideals to suggest national flags for each of the five new nations!
**** What We're Looking For ****
Please submit the following for your entry to be considered:
* Nation : The most important thing to know; we obviously can't judge criteria unless you tell us which nation you're submitting for.
* Flag Design : What is your intended design for the flag; this can include the emblem, color scheme, and even how it is carried (Is it a pennant, a battle standard, or does the flag have a unique shape to it?)
* In-Game Appearance : Please include a photo of an in-game appearance of your flag. As Horizons will be using Conquest, please send a photo of your flag In-Game.
* What Your Flag Represents : Every flag's symbols mean something. For example; the United States has 50 stars representing the 50 states; and 13 stripes to represent the original 13 colonies.
* ( Optional ) Artistic Render : Do you have artistic talent, or know an artist who's willing to help you out? Feel free to shoot along an out-of-game artistic render!
* ( Optional ) Bribe the Judges : We accept Cash, Check, Gold, Bitcoins, and your parents' credit cards
* DISCLAIMER : This last one is a joke...
You may submit entries until December 31st, 2017.
Limit 1 Flag Entry per person, per nation (You can submit 1 flag for all 5 nations , but not 5 flags for 1 nation)
Winners will be announced January 14th, 2018!
Are you looking to buy a prime piece of property this side of the Stormwall?
Well have I got a deal for you!
Today we have a special post for you as a small update, which will hopefully provide some insight into the functioning of towns in Horizons. As you know, towns are an important aspect of the server experience. They provide us with shelter, community, and inspire us to build and immerse ourselves in the map. However, some changes are important to know for the release of Horizons.
- Towns will no longer be purchasable with real money: all towns will be available within the game using in-game currency.
- We will no longer be using Towny; a custom plugin is being developed for our specific needs.
- There will be a minimum player requirement to start a town. No longer will one or two person towns be allowed to set up – our preliminary go-to number has been 10 people, but this may change (however it will not change drastically, so be prepared.) Without this minimum your purchase will be rejected by your nation head.
- Each town will be required to pay a periodic upkeep through in-game currency. This will automatically be charged to your town bank; nonpayment will result in penalties up to eventual removal of your town. The upkeep will require that minimum of people to meet – extra hands will lighten the burden for you. Maintaining an active player-base will therefore be crucial to the survival of your town. We are aware that this number is high – it is meant to be. You may need to reach out to players you have not traditionally played with to meet the requirements. With this, new players will be valued as potential contributors to the towns upkeep and be welcomed everywhere.
- Towns who keep their PvP status on (more on this later*) will be granted special privilege – their upkeep rates will be lower, allowing for less work to be spent mining and trading, and more time slaying and looting. This may not seem like much of a benefit at first, but players will quickly see the value in having to pay less tax. There will be more information on this process at a later date.
- To facilitate players without a town, capitals will be livable – Considered a starter town, the nation head will be tasked with overseeing the running of their nation hub. In it you will be given opportunity for room and board in case you are unable to join a player-ran town. Your lodgings may not be as luxurious as if you were in a player ran town though.
More information will be released later, and all above is subject to change! This is the working explanation for the town mechanic – it may be tweaked, however the main points are relatively safe to assume as true unless stated otherwise.
(Just an example of a title deed given by a nation Head)