Live Updates

I suggest: a pathway in the skill tree similar to a monk that utilizes unarmed combat (fists with nothing in hand) to gain damage bonus etc. I always liked mcmmo for that purpose and i would not think it to be too hard to mimic something similar but yet with our own twists. Just please make it happen. Also one ability i thought up would be: wall scaling; the ability to climb walls like a spider (maybe it drains mana so make a limit?)

I would also like to note that this path has a toggle-able buff when enabled does not typically use any armour (or gets penalty scaling up to diamond for max debuff for each piece)
I enjoy grinding without weapons and I hope people might find this interesting. If can make this happen that would be epic imo.
Think of this class as an extremely Light weight dexterous boxer or martial artist. And if there is no more room for new classes please please PLEASE put unarmed combat in somewhere in an existing class. TY

Other description(s) that likely should fit this would fall under the catagory of: Unarmed Rogue, Monk, Grappler, Fighter, Martial Artist, Brawler, Etc...
If I had to put some stats: Strength+Dexterity  Would be the leading stats then Constitution
Traits Would include: stealthy, Theif, Surivial, Hightened Senses/the ability to pinpoint using their senses: (they have hearing/smell/eyesight advantage) Would also be beast friendly (able to tame companions/summon easier with a whistle call etc) These are all just ideas feel free to discuss all this and let me everyone know what the community thinks. Also, if most/all this is already in the works then please let me know I'll be happy. And Lasty If this has not been thought up yet could we get more ideas below or possible fixes/solutions for any issues that may arise? TYVM

Edited by Zephyrx

It has been brought to my attention that I forgot we had no more classes and its more of a skill tree... This still does not change my idea in the slightest if anything this gives more customization by choice of player. I would enjoy this as an option for progression with pros and cons as I stated above:
Toggle-able Buffs: Fists/unarmed damage Increase while wearing less armour/maxed at no armour. scales with the tiers of armour material. (leather, diamond, gold, iron, steel etc)

Training should initially start with using armour as a weighted object... example: diamond armour would allow less damage with fists however would give a buff to training this skill in the long term (more bonuses possible achievements/quest/task to unlock certain feats that would go along the skill tree). Training for other physical abilities could include underwater combat where the room is underwater and the mobs guard the air pockets etc with a maze/dungeon to get out of and sorts. Possible need to be underwater with no air bubbles to actually strike the final blow to make things interesting/hard/challenge? Also give special Weighted armour to be worn during quest/task training for this skill (has debuffs such as slow yourself down when worn) task will not complete/check without it so wear it while grinding.

There should be a ton of grind that comes before/during/after its unlocked to further refine the skill and to unlock different tier/stages that would make this style unique in its branch of the skill tree. (Grinding such as kill this many of this creature using fists make the numbers go up each time exponentially etc).

Debatable due to issues: Training might include weight fighting/sprinting with heavy objects in inventory or worn (place weight value on all items to train stamina/strength? or to unlock certain skills and/or finish a quest) Basically You wear a certain chain body and it slows you by 80% and your expected to survive in a certain player vs mob experience and move certain distance from point a to point b with nothing but that chain body on your person for a quest to unlock the ability. Make it hard to achieve but rewarding afterword? Like an instance for a quest.

EDIT:01:
I have to note that any buff/debuff that this enables would need to be toggle-able and have a cool-down while out of combat to toggle on or off. I find this system to be fair to what this unarmed/boxing skill implies. This skill implies the selected hand slot in use be empty.
I would like a skill tree to support several branches for this style to give bonuses to it does not have to be called boxing/unarmed heck with that name give it something unique that fits the theme. There could be a training session that the minecraft player undertakes to be able to physically hold their breath underwater for longer duration with no help from magic and for a lesser degree than magic. Same with swiming, falling, jumping, sprinting, etc. There would be a limit and to balance things out i'd note it would be a lesser passive buff if unlocked and maybe there would be a stamina bar besides mana to measure this sort of feat? (is that possible to place stamina in right beside mana for certain skills/actions?) At any case i'm sure if they have a mana/energy system for abilities/actions it would not be too hard to duplicate it and call it something  else unique etc etc.

If possible I would like stealth to be an option for this skill tree and compatible with these skills.

I will continue to edit when I gather more ideas... Feel free to add on.

Edited by Zephyrx

So where your problem comes from is ragging with these classes every time. People who PvP as a necessity in the server in the past have litteraly picked classes that require little to no weapons and came out naked just annihilating people while looking either defenseless or worthless for a killing. So that their foes would have to use mana, potions and cooldowns to defend themselves from a naked person usually opening up a chance for their more non useless allies to kill or vanquish their foe.

The way its fixed is by requiring them to wear something when doing it like a fishing rod however then it isn't a fist fighting class.

Take it from a dude who played Urthkeep on here for a few different iterations of the class. And in all the different iterations i.e. (The first one had no armor) (second had iron armor) (third wore leather) it always in most cases when it shows up in smaller groups ends up naked rushing.

I like the idea myself have always liked hand to hand combat being a fan of martial arts however it consistenly doesn't work unless they can scale your damage back due to missing armor pieces which I know is possible through heroes(doesn't matter anymore) it seriously as a game concept cannot happen.

Note: As a side piece to this other types of classes have this problem. Historically: V1: Tempest, Magus, PostNerf Dorrod, Moon and Baphus V2/V3:Urthkeep, Haruspex, Endergaunt, Rhetoricians, Balladeers, PreBuff Pyros, Pre-nerf Sylvanite and Demilune, and Tempest.

Note all the classes that got fixed that say pre or post buff or neft have one thing in common with that buff or nerf. The latter of that buff or nerf caused the class to have a higher or lower armor set making the armor almost need be or almost useless.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HelloImWeird
      Greetings,
      my beautiful fellow cultists.
      In A'therys there is a plethora of unique classes, each of which has access to incredibly sexy and unique abilities.

Being able to use said abilities on no more than chickens and mindless hostile mobs does not spark joy.

How about we revive PvP (and thus raids)?

Obviously not everyone likes PvP.
      I suggest we could turn on PvP in towns on one weekday (such as Wednesday) and one Saturday (God intended Sunday to be a day of rest).

Your vote in the poll shall be anonymous.

Godspeed,
      Alex - HelloImWeird - Karpie_
    • By Daniel
      A'therys Survival
      (brought to you by Conquest Reforged Survival Mode)

We have a new survival server hosted on survival.atherys.com and on version 1.12.2 of the Conquest Reforged Launcher. (Download the Launcher here) This server is different to the plot server because you can build anywhere on the infinite world and with whoever you want. You can share resources using the chest lock plugin called Latch (https://ore.spongepowered.org/IchorPowered/Latch), more on that later.
      The server has a rollback tool incase of the inevitable grief, and all players are given access to the inspection tool so they can report it using the google form. (https://goo.gl/forms/RlwKBjgNlAT3D4Y63) 
      The world seed was hand picked by our Build Team and PvP is enabled globally for that added fun. More builds to be released and developed, but here’s one: (Maybe you could send us some)

We also have ranks on the server to allow players to gain permissions and extras as they play. These ranks are “The Respected” and “The Trusted”, both have their own suffix aswell as permissions:

Default Rank
      The Respected
      The Trusted
      /spawn

/back

/prism inspect (Block state lookup) [Grief Prevention]

/tpa
        ✔

AFK Kick Bypass
        ✔

Player limit Bypass
          ✔
      /nick
          ✔
      /hat
          ✔
      /kittycannon (No entity/environment damage)
          ✔
      /rocket
          ✔
      Homes

Staff keep a close eye on the server and if they see a worth player of the following (see below) ranks will be awarded:
      The Respected
      This is the first rank other than the default and is for players who have
      shown a keen interest in the survival server and have created a settlement on the server with a handful of people. they are active in Discord and in-game. they welcome new members and show them the ropes. These players have access to /tpa and bypass the AFK kick, they also have a red “The Respected” suffix and access to set 3 homes.
      The Trusted
      This is the final rank (for now) and in order to obtain this players should go out of their way to bring new players to A’therys,
      (optional) retweating tweets/instagram posts by @atheryshorizons will be recognised and appreciated. have created multiple settlements across the server. getting new members introduced to A'therys; the lore, A'therys Horizons, the build server, etc. This rank has a bunch of fun commands, aswell as 5 homes and are able to join if the server is full. They can also change their display name using /nick. Comes with a gold "The  Trusted" suffix. These people also aid the staff on recognising other players with these traits.

These ranks will gain more permissions as we develop the server on the lead up to the A’therys Horizons server release. There is also possibility that players with the Trusted rank will gain beta access to A’therys Horizons in the future.

Latch Plugin
      Latch is a plugin which is very similar to LWC from A’therys Evo. It allows you to lock private, public, donation and shared chests, doors etc. 
      5 different types of locks Public locks - anyone can access, just applies protection Private locks - only players the owner adds can access Password always locks - players with the password can access (required to type every time) Password once locks - players with the password can access (only need to type the first time) Donation locks - (applies to containers) only players the owner adds can withdraw, anyone can deposit The limits for this plugin are currently set at default, however we will probably increase these soon, as Conquest Reforged holds a lot more items than standard vanilla, so don’t panic! The limits at the moment are:
      donation=12 password_always=12 password_once=12 private=24 public=12 total=64 Let us know what you think of the limits in the comments if you like!
      Prism Plugin
      Prism is a grief prevention plugin that we also use on the plot server. It basically allows us to check grief and roll it back if needed, similar to LogBlock from A’therys Evo. All players have access to the /pr i command to check if something looks out of place. If you do find a grief, promptly report it using the google form above and then we can roll it back. 

Joining and Rules
      1. Upon joining, you will spawn inside a cave like this:

2. Follow this broken up path through until you get to here:

3. At this point you will want to check the rules thoroughly and say hi (maybe?) 
      Our rules in detail can be found at https://atherys.com/rules but here is a copy incase you are new here:
      No Inappropriate Links in Chat (/info rule1) - Will result in a mute
      No Harassment (/info rule2) - Will result in a ban
      No Excessive Language (/info rule3) - Will result in a mute
      No Hacking (Attempting) (/info rule4) - Will result in a ban
      And No Griefing (/info rule5) - Will definitely result in a ban
      Ofcourse, these can be appealed on our forums, here’s a link to that section: https://atherys.com/forums/forum/33-ban-appeals/ You will need to create a forum account.

4. And then after that… it’s your journey. Good luck!

FAQ
      How do I set multiple homes?
      You can use "/sethome [name]" to set another home. Using "/sethome" on it's own will set a home called "home"
      So, how do I teleport to one of my several homes?
      You can do "/home [name]" and that will allow you to teleport to all your different homes. Do "/home list" if you're not sure what homes you have!
    • By _Deano
      Just some feedback for the in-game chat.
      From what I've seen, it auto formats any capitals into lower case except for the start of the sentence or player names. Whilst I assume this is to prevent caps spam, it is slightly irritating when it is formatting things that should be in capitals.
      Perhaps it could be changed so that it only auto-lowercases messages that have more than a certain number of capitals, or a certain number in a row?
      Not a huge deal, just something that is a slight inconvenience.
      Cheers,
      Deano.
  • Our picks

• A'therys Evo Returns (Plugins and Player Data Included!)
      Hello everyone, new and old! 

As you may or may not have heard, we have brought back a functional build of A'therys Evo onto the server. We've noticed that a lot of people have been wanting a taste of the A'therys experience and having a place in-game to relive some of your favourite memories will go a long way towards achieving that. 
        • Haha
      • 11 replies
    • December 24, 2018

So with the website returning to it's dark theme, we've made a bunch of improvements to the lorelanding!

Added a MAP to the lorelanding!

This map (see below for all 5 playable nations lit up) will light up a nation when you hover over it; and allow you to click into it to go to the nation's overview page!

Original Map Artistic Render by @cicetil

Overlay graphics and new HoriRule [the nifty divider in the lore sections] by @Xathas

Coding by @Rynelf (HTML, CSS, and JavaScript!)
    • December 22, 2018

Small Governmental Update put in today!

Added Government of the Gennaian Isles

Governmental Concepts originally by @Xathas

Very long-winded Isles Chat with @Foe, @Tristan_vr, @raxiam, @Dani, and @redninja685 . Fortunately there were no casualties. 🤯

Compiled by Xathas; Edits and Revisions by @Foe
        • Thanks
    • Wiki Entry Wednesday - January 10, 2018
      It's that time of week again!

Today we explore the city risen from seafoam, Glasscastle.

Added the cty of Glasscastle to Atvoria

Original draft by @Xathas

Critiques and edits by @RuddyF , @Rynelf , and @Kmartinator
        • Thanks
      • 0 replies
    • Wiki Entry Wednesday: January 3, 2018
      Happy New Year, and Wiki-Entry Wednesday!

This week marks a return to new nation info, specifically: Dalkun-Tir

Added Technology of Dalkun-Tir to the Wiki

Original draft by @Dani

Second draft by @Xathas

Critiques and edits by @Dani , @Foe , and @Kmartinator

Added Marao's Fall to the Wiki

Original draft by @Xathas

Critiques and edits by @RuddyF , @Foe , and @Kmartinator
      • 0 replies

About Us

A’therys Horizons is an upcoming Minecraft Modded RPG Server, a world truly unique with many experiences for Roleplayers, Pvpers, Builders & Merchants alike.

Useful Links

Keep up to date!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy