- LORE CHANGELOG
- We've been working on a new website theme, there may be some teething problems, please report any issues found by clicking [here]
- We've got a Discord server to keep the community connected, [click here to join now]
- Introduce yourself to the new A'therys Guilds system [click here]
17 members have voted
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I suggest: a pathway in the skill tree similar to a monk that utilizes unarmed combat (fists with nothing in hand) to gain damage bonus etc. I always liked mcmmo for that purpose and i would not think it to be too hard to mimic something similar but yet with our own twists. Just please make it happen. Also one ability i thought up would be: wall scaling; the ability to climb walls like a spider (maybe it drains mana so make a limit?)
I would also like to note that this path has a toggle-able buff when enabled does not typically use any armour (or gets penalty scaling up to diamond for max debuff for each piece)
I enjoy grinding without weapons and I hope people might find this interesting. If can make this happen that would be epic imo.
Think of this class as an extremely Light weight dexterous boxer or martial artist. And if there is no more room for new classes please please PLEASE put unarmed combat in somewhere in an existing class. TY
Other description(s) that likely should fit this would fall under the catagory of: Unarmed Rogue, Monk, Grappler, Fighter, Martial Artist, Brawler, Etc...
If I had to put some stats: Strength+Dexterity Would be the leading stats then Constitution
Traits Would include: stealthy, Theif, Surivial, Hightened Senses/the ability to pinpoint using their senses: (they have hearing/smell/eyesight advantage) Would also be beast friendly (able to tame companions/summon easier with a whistle call etc) These are all just ideas feel free to discuss all this and let me everyone know what the community thinks. Also, if most/all this is already in the works then please let me know I'll be happy. And Lasty If this has not been thought up yet could we get more ideas below or possible fixes/solutions for any issues that may arise? TYVM
(brought to you by Conquest Reforged Survival Mode)
We have a new survival server hosted on survival.atherys.com and on version 1.12.2 of the Conquest Reforged Launcher. (Download the Launcher here) This server is different to the plot server because you can build anywhere on the infinite world and with whoever you want. You can share resources using the chest lock plugin called Latch (https://ore.spongepowered.org/IchorPowered/Latch), more on that later.
The server has a rollback tool incase of the inevitable grief, and all players are given access to the inspection tool so they can report it using the google form. (https://goo.gl/forms/RlwKBjgNlAT3D4Y63)
The world seed was hand picked by our Build Team and PvP is enabled globally for that added fun. More builds to be released and developed, but here’s one: (Maybe you could send us some)
We also have ranks on the server to allow players to gain permissions and extras as they play. These ranks are “The Respected” and “The Trusted”, both have their own suffix aswell as permissions:
/prism inspect (Block state lookup) [Grief Prevention]
AFK Kick Bypass
Player limit Bypass
/kittycannon (No entity/environment damage)
Staff keep a close eye on the server and if they see a worth player of the following (see below) ranks will be awarded:
This is the first rank other than the default and is for players who have
shown a keen interest in the survival server and have created a settlement on the server with a handful of people. they are active in Discord and in-game. they welcome new members and show them the ropes. These players have access to /tpa and bypass the AFK kick, they also have a red “The Respected” suffix and access to set 3 homes.
This is the final rank (for now) and in order to obtain this players should go out of their way to bring new players to A’therys,
(optional) retweating tweets/instagram posts by @atheryshorizons will be recognised and appreciated. have created multiple settlements across the server. getting new members introduced to A'therys; the lore, A'therys Horizons, the build server, etc. This rank has a bunch of fun commands, aswell as 5 homes and are able to join if the server is full. They can also change their display name using /nick. Comes with a gold "The Trusted" suffix. These people also aid the staff on recognising other players with these traits.
These ranks will gain more permissions as we develop the server on the lead up to the A’therys Horizons server release. There is also possibility that players with the Trusted rank will gain beta access to A’therys Horizons in the future.
Latch is a plugin which is very similar to LWC from A’therys Evo. It allows you to lock private, public, donation and shared chests, doors etc.
5 different types of locks Public locks - anyone can access, just applies protection Private locks - only players the owner adds can access Password always locks - players with the password can access (required to type every time) Password once locks - players with the password can access (only need to type the first time) Donation locks - (applies to containers) only players the owner adds can withdraw, anyone can deposit The limits for this plugin are currently set at default, however we will probably increase these soon, as Conquest Reforged holds a lot more items than standard vanilla, so don’t panic! The limits at the moment are:
donation=12 password_always=12 password_once=12 private=24 public=12 total=64 Let us know what you think of the limits in the comments if you like!
Prism is a grief prevention plugin that we also use on the plot server. It basically allows us to check grief and roll it back if needed, similar to LogBlock from A’therys Evo. All players have access to the /pr i command to check if something looks out of place. If you do find a grief, promptly report it using the google form above and then we can roll it back.
Joining and Rules
1. Upon joining, you will spawn inside a cave like this:
2. Follow this broken up path through until you get to here:
3. At this point you will want to check the rules thoroughly and say hi (maybe?)
Our rules in detail can be found at https://atherys.com/rules but here is a copy incase you are new here:
No Inappropriate Links in Chat (/info rule1) - Will result in a mute
No Harassment (/info rule2) - Will result in a ban
No Excessive Language (/info rule3) - Will result in a mute
No Hacking (Attempting) (/info rule4) - Will result in a ban
And No Griefing (/info rule5) - Will definitely result in a ban
Ofcourse, these can be appealed on our forums, here’s a link to that section: https://atherys.com/forums/forum/33-ban-appeals/ You will need to create a forum account.
4. And then after that… it’s your journey. Good luck!
How do I set multiple homes?
You can use "/sethome [name]" to set another home. Using "/sethome" on it's own will set a home called "home"
So, how do I teleport to one of my several homes?
You can do "/home [name]" and that will allow you to teleport to all your different homes. Do "/home list" if you're not sure what homes you have!
Are you looking to buy a prime piece of property this side of the Stormwall?
Well have I got a deal for you!
Today we have a special post for you as a small update, which will hopefully provide some insight into the functioning of towns in Horizons. As you know, towns are an important aspect of the server experience. They provide us with shelter, community, and inspire us to build and immerse ourselves in the map. However, some changes are important to know for the release of Horizons.
- Towns will no longer be purchasable with real money: all towns will be available within the game using in-game currency.
- We will no longer be using Towny; a custom plugin is being developed for our specific needs.
- There will be a minimum player requirement to start a town. No longer will one or two person towns be allowed to set up – our preliminary go-to number has been 10 people, but this may change (however it will not change drastically, so be prepared.) Without this minimum your purchase will be rejected by your nation head.
- Each town will be required to pay a periodic upkeep through in-game currency. This will automatically be charged to your town bank; nonpayment will result in penalties up to eventual removal of your town. The upkeep will require that minimum of people to meet – extra hands will lighten the burden for you. Maintaining an active player-base will therefore be crucial to the survival of your town. We are aware that this number is high – it is meant to be. You may need to reach out to players you have not traditionally played with to meet the requirements. With this, new players will be valued as potential contributors to the towns upkeep and be welcomed everywhere.
- Towns who keep their PvP status on (more on this later*) will be granted special privilege – their upkeep rates will be lower, allowing for less work to be spent mining and trading, and more time slaying and looting. This may not seem like much of a benefit at first, but players will quickly see the value in having to pay less tax. There will be more information on this process at a later date.
- To facilitate players without a town, capitals will be livable – Considered a starter town, the nation head will be tasked with overseeing the running of their nation hub. In it you will be given opportunity for room and board in case you are unable to join a player-ran town. Your lodgings may not be as luxurious as if you were in a player ran town though.
More information will be released later, and all above is subject to change! This is the working explanation for the town mechanic – it may be tweaked, however the main points are relatively safe to assume as true unless stated otherwise.
(Just an example of a title deed given by a nation Head)
Hello everyone, new and old!
As you may or may not have heard, we have brought back a functional build of A'therys Evo onto the server. We've noticed that a lot of people have been wanting a taste of the A'therys experience and having a place in-game to relive some of your favourite memories will go a long way towards achieving that.
Xathas posted a post in a topic,December 24, 2018
So with the website returning to it's dark theme, we've made a bunch of improvements to the lorelanding!
Added a MAP to the lorelanding!
This map (see below for all 5 playable nations lit up) will light up a nation when you hover over it; and allow you to click into it to go to the nation's overview page!
Original Map Artistic Render by @cicetil
Overlay graphics and new HoriRule [the nifty divider in the lore sections] by @Xathas
Xathas posted a post in a topic,December 22, 2018
Small Governmental Update put in today!
Added Government of the Gennaian Isles
Governmental Concepts originally by @Xathas
Very long-winded Isles Chat with @Foe, @Tristan_vr, @raxiam, @Dani, and @redninja685 . Fortunately there were no casualties. 🤯
Compiled by Xathas; Edits and Revisions by @Foe
It's that time of week again!
Today we explore the city risen from seafoam, Glasscastle.
Added the cty of Glasscastle to Atvoria
Original draft by @Xathas
Critiques and edits by @RuddyF , @Rynelf , and @Kmartinator
Happy New Year, and Wiki-Entry Wednesday!
This week marks a return to new nation info, specifically: Dalkun-Tir
Added Technology of Dalkun-Tir to the Wiki
Original draft by @Dani
Second draft by @Xathas
Critiques and edits by @Dani , @Foe , and @Kmartinator
Added Marao's Fall to the Wiki
Original draft by @Xathas
Critiques and edits by @RuddyF , @Foe , and @Kmartinator