- LORE CHANGELOG
- We've been working on a new website theme, there may be some teething problems, please report any issues found by clicking [here]
- We've got a Discord server to keep the community connected, [click here to join now]
- Introduce yourself to the new A'therys Guilds system [click here]
- The Test Server is now open [click here] for the discussion thread
We are currently updating our website to the latest IPB version - please be patient whilst we update the A'therys theme to work with this. Some areas of our website may look distorted, please don't panic, this will be rectified.
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Are you looking to buy a prime piece of property this side of the Stormwall?
Well have I got a deal for you!
Today we have a special post for you as a small update, which will hopefully provide some insight into the functioning of towns in Horizons. As you know, towns are an important aspect of the server experience. They provide us with shelter, community, and inspire us to build and immerse ourselves in the map. However, some changes are important to know for the release of Horizons.
- Towns will no longer be purchasable with real money: all towns will be available within the game using in-game currency.
- We will no longer be using Towny; a custom plugin is being developed for our specific needs.
- There will be a minimum player requirement to start a town. No longer will one or two person towns be allowed to set up – our preliminary go-to number has been 10 people, but this may change (however it will not change drastically, so be prepared.) Without this minimum your purchase will be rejected by your nation head.
- Each town will be required to pay a periodic upkeep through in-game currency. This will automatically be charged to your town bank; nonpayment will result in penalties up to eventual removal of your town. The upkeep will require that minimum of people to meet – extra hands will lighten the burden for you. Maintaining an active player-base will therefore be crucial to the survival of your town. We are aware that this number is high – it is meant to be. You may need to reach out to players you have not traditionally played with to meet the requirements. With this, new players will be valued as potential contributors to the towns upkeep and be welcomed everywhere.
- Towns who keep their PvP status on (more on this later*) will be granted special privilege – their upkeep rates will be lower, allowing for less work to be spent mining and trading, and more time slaying and looting. This may not seem like much of a benefit at first, but players will quickly see the value in having to pay less tax. There will be more information on this process at a later date.
- To facilitate players without a town, capitals will be livable – Considered a starter town, the nation head will be tasked with overseeing the running of their nation hub. In it you will be given opportunity for room and board in case you are unable to join a player-ran town. Your lodgings may not be as luxurious as if you were in a player ran town though.
More information will be released later, and all above is subject to change! This is the working explanation for the town mechanic – it may be tweaked, however the main points are relatively safe to assume as true unless stated otherwise.
(Just an example of a title deed given by a nation Head)
So I 100% fell off the once a week updates, partly because we’ve hit a few stop-and-goes, I moved apartments and had no internet, and then got slammed with the big summer festival tech rush. BUT thankfully there’s a team behind me making sure ideas are put in and moving forward.
Nation Lore Kilnholdt nearly completed. Will not be adding to the Wiki until closer to launch. Daidama roughly 75% completed; undergoing large rewrite. Atvoria roughly 50% completed. Gennaian Isles and Dalkun-Tir still in notes & concept phases. Shattered Lands in concept & reference phases.
Updates to Player Characters Early in, I promised to find a better transition means between player characters and canon characters. New system in the works. No, I won’t be going LOTC crazy New system to be implemented (unrelated to “My Timeline” which Sellt has mentioned) to streamline PC’s into the Wiki. Working out checks & balances. Also working out plans of attack for storyline events. Goal : prevent the win or no goodies mentality Better means of prize selection. Possible point system based on factors of participation and individual achievement, rather than “my side won”.
C is for Contest! Submit a Creature to be considered for the Bestiary of the A'therys wiki. Creatures submitted must contain the following information. Name Environment/Region Physiology/Description Height/Weight Breeding Habits Unique Abilities (if any) Environment/Region (Does this creature reside in a particular region, or is it broady found? Which environments does it thrive in) Organization (IE: a group of lizards is called a lounge) OPTIONAL : Additional Information, Sketch, etc. Creatures may not exist in another setting, world, etc. Submit by August 31st : winners will be announced on September 14th.
View full record
Hello everyone, new and old!
As you may or may not have heard, we have brought back a functional build of A'therys Evo onto the server. We've noticed that a lot of people have been wanting a taste of the A'therys experience and having a place in-game to relive some of your favourite memories will go a long way towards achieving that.
Xathas posted a post in a topic,December 24, 2018
So with the website returning to it's dark theme, we've made a bunch of improvements to the lorelanding!
Added a MAP to the lorelanding!
This map (see below for all 5 playable nations lit up) will light up a nation when you hover over it; and allow you to click into it to go to the nation's overview page!
Original Map Artistic Render by @cicetil
Overlay graphics and new HoriRule [the nifty divider in the lore sections] by @Xathas
Xathas posted a post in a topic,December 22, 2018
Small Governmental Update put in today!
Added Government of the Gennaian Isles
Governmental Concepts originally by @Xathas
Very long-winded Isles Chat with @Foe, @Tristan_vr, @raxiam, @Dani, and @redninja685 . Fortunately there were no casualties. 🤯
Compiled by Xathas; Edits and Revisions by @Foe
It's that time of week again!
Today we explore the city risen from seafoam, Glasscastle.
Added the cty of Glasscastle to Atvoria
Original draft by @Xathas
Critiques and edits by @RuddyF , @Rynelf , and @Kmartinator
Happy New Year, and Wiki-Entry Wednesday!
This week marks a return to new nation info, specifically: Dalkun-Tir
Added Technology of Dalkun-Tir to the Wiki
Original draft by @Dani
Second draft by @Xathas
Critiques and edits by @Dani , @Foe , and @Kmartinator
Added Marao's Fall to the Wiki
Original draft by @Xathas
Critiques and edits by @RuddyF , @Foe , and @Kmartinator