Live Updates
Sign in to follow this  
Sanders

A'therys Horizons: Monthly Update - June 2020

Hello, A’therys!

I welcome you to the first of our new monthly posts on the development of A’therys Horizons! I hope that it will better inform you about our active development and changes of the project!

Build Team

Firstly, we would like to announce that three new members have joined the build team over the past month: @Erik_2000, @Lizard and @Havald Carn. Give them a big welcome! We also have a returning build member from the Gazamo Build Team, @TheTazHD!

And with this I want to encourage builders of every stripe to join our build team and help us make this beautiful world of blocks. We have a new easy way to join, you just have to log onto our build server “Horizons Build Server” where you can work on a plot of your own, show us your best work and then after you are done you can contact @skillet52 , @Altairas , or @InsanibleLector on Discord, in which they will review your build and see if you have what it takes to join our build team.

Dlplk4L.png

Development Team

We've also had a returning member to the development team: @Aoiley (Kaltiz)! He has already been doing work on the chat system.

Along with the chat system, we’ve also been hard at work on the towns plugin. It underwent a massive refactor to support roles (mayors, citizens, assistants, etc) which is now reaching completion. After that, several major features will be implemented:

• Town protection
  • Player town creation 
  • A town raid system (click here if you want a preview)

Here are a couple examples of the town UI. Towns, nations, and residents can all be hovered over and clicked on.

ma1DETj.png

Fo2DCBq.png

Finally, we’ve been working on adding sound and particle effects to the skills. All of them should have effects by the release of the first major update of the PTS.

For a quick glance at what we're working on, you can look here. If you'd like to join the development team, contact @Rynelf on Discord!

Community/Media Team

We have also updated the layout of our Discord, please feel free to hop in and check it out!

There will also be changes to the Community/Media Team and the things they will do in the future, which I’ll explain in an upcoming post! 

And as always be sure to follow and join us on

Discord , Twitter , YouTube , Twitch , Instagram , and Planet Minecraft 

with more to come, so you’ll be able to see and share more about the A'therys Horizons development.

Thank You for reading this post, there will be more to come in the future!

gSIYlC1.png

• Like 7
  • Well said! 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sanders
      Hello, A’therys!
      On this new monthly recap post on the development of A’therys Horizons, we will go through what we have done over the past few weeks of June. I hope that it will inform you about our active developments and changes to the project!

Build Team
      We have gained a lot of new build team members this month, so congratulate @Zok the Weird, @CallMe_Fluffy, @Skebben, @MexiDan, @DonTheMon, @Dreyethel, @Jownky, and @Mora_Kai! We are always looking for new members to join our build team, so if you think you can help please come to our community build server to show us your building skills.

Construction has been finalized on our newest edition to Korth. We’ve added a macabre work of art to the underground. Under the main palace of Korth lies a winding construct of catacombs, layer upon layer housing dead rulers, their families, as well as people of special import to Kilnholdts past. Tombs and tunnels both fresh and neglected, or wholly forgotten to time can be found here.

"We are always looking for new members to join our build team, please contact @naomi210 (naomi210#7968) on discord if you'd like to help bring this world to life."

Development Team
      Firstly, we would like to congratulate @CodeStripper, our newest addition to the development team! We are always looking for new members to join our development team, so if you think you can help please contact @Rynelf on Discord and see if your skills could be used to assist us! Here is our open source project on GitHub (https://github.com/Atherys-Horizons), if you would like to help!
      These past weeks they have been working on the Town Creation and Town Chats systems, which we have some pictures below showcasing what they have been working on.
      Important: Not everything is final though, so text and other things may be subject to change.

(Town/Nation chat working)

(Create a town via party vote)

(Friends can build in your plot)

(Others are blocked from building/interacting)

Combat Team
      The combat team has come up with an idea to get people to try out the RPG Skills plugin without the need to gain experience, so that you can try out the skills and attributes systems more easily. This format will allow us to receive feedback faster than on the test server. The dev server can be accessed by using the command “/server dev2” while connected to any of the A’therys servers.

The development server will be open on Fridays so that you can test with us and see where we can fix things or balance them out. All feedback is welcome. The server will be open for eight hours starting around 4pm US Eastern Time, 8pm GMT.

Community Team
      So, what I have started is the monthly and weekly posts to help show updates of the work we have been up to and to give some insight as to what we have planned in the future. I have made it my job to keep the community up to date on the latest information and what we must show you about A’therys Horizons.
      This is the current schedule we have planned:
      Monday: Monthly/ Weekly Post - Each Monday we will have updates posted for the community on the forums, as well as on social media and PMC. The first Monday of each month will be a wrap up post for all of the new information for the month prior. Wednesday: We will post on social media for Lore Wednesdays to highlight lore that is interesting and cool, hint, all of it is interesting and cool. Friday: We will stream on Twitch for about an hour and take a look at our test server, build server, and codebase followed by another media post of images/videos we have. One example above is the weekly streams for about an hour a week, that would show you what we have been working on. These plans are just a few for now, but will help me with the engagement I want with all of you!
      Here's an outline of what you may see on stream.
      Showcase of our test server Which plugins we use and how we use them Our questing system and how we make quests Showcase of some of the builds from our fantastic build team Lore chat as well as Q/A sessions  
      You Can Help
      I'm usually available for most of the day on Discord, so if you have an idea or suggestion for things like Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, Discord, or Planet Minecraft, I’ll be there to talk about those changes and to see if it is realistic for us to get those accomplished. I would greatly appreciate it if I could talk to the community and see what you guys feel about the current state of things and what we could do better!
      We will also take suggestions about how our team operates or if you think we need to add something, like events or contests that we could have for our community, our team is open to your ideas that you may have.

The community team has been hard at work, working on getting information about A’therys out to the community. If you didn't know we’ve been streaming on Twitch around 5pm US Eastern Time, 9pm GMT for about an hour so if you’d like to join the stream, I'll be there to welcome you to the stream so we can talk and showcase some of the cool stuff that you may not have seen before and just have a good time with you all. I’ve also been uploading the stream on YouTube, I've called it our A’therys Horizons Showcase Series so if you have the time please give us a look on YouTube just in case you miss out on the stream, I usually upload them on Saturday at around 5pm US Eastern Time, 9pm GMT.
      Here is our latest video of last Friday's stream, if you have not had the chance to see it yet!

And as always be sure to follow and join us on
      Discord , Twitter , YouTube , Twitch , Instagram , and Planet Minecraft 
      with more to come, so you’ll be able to see and share more about the A'therys Horizons development.

Thank You for reading this post!

• Our picks

• A'therys Evo Returns (Plugins and Player Data Included!)
      Hello everyone, new and old! 

As you may or may not have heard, we have brought back a functional build of A'therys Evo onto the server. We've noticed that a lot of people have been wanting a taste of the A'therys experience and having a place in-game to relive some of your favourite memories will go a long way towards achieving that. 
        • Haha
      • 11 replies
    • December 24, 2018

So with the website returning to it's dark theme, we've made a bunch of improvements to the lorelanding!

Added a MAP to the lorelanding!

This map (see below for all 5 playable nations lit up) will light up a nation when you hover over it; and allow you to click into it to go to the nation's overview page!

Original Map Artistic Render by @cicetil

Overlay graphics and new HoriRule [the nifty divider in the lore sections] by @Xathas

Coding by @Rynelf (HTML, CSS, and JavaScript!)
    • December 22, 2018

Small Governmental Update put in today!

Added Government of the Gennaian Isles

Governmental Concepts originally by @Xathas

Very long-winded Isles Chat with @Foe, @Tristan_vr, @raxiam, @Dani, and @redninja685 . Fortunately there were no casualties. 🤯

Compiled by Xathas; Edits and Revisions by @Foe
        • Thanks
    • Wiki Entry Wednesday - January 10, 2018
      It's that time of week again!

Today we explore the city risen from seafoam, Glasscastle.

Added the cty of Glasscastle to Atvoria

Original draft by @Xathas

Critiques and edits by @RuddyF , @Rynelf , and @Kmartinator
        • Thanks
      • 0 replies
    • Wiki Entry Wednesday: January 3, 2018
      Happy New Year, and Wiki-Entry Wednesday!

This week marks a return to new nation info, specifically: Dalkun-Tir

Added Technology of Dalkun-Tir to the Wiki

Original draft by @Dani

Second draft by @Xathas

Critiques and edits by @Dani , @Foe , and @Kmartinator

Added Marao's Fall to the Wiki

Original draft by @Xathas

Critiques and edits by @RuddyF , @Foe , and @Kmartinator
      • 0 replies

About Us

A’therys Horizons is an upcoming Minecraft Modded RPG Server, a world truly unique with many experiences for Roleplayers, Pvpers, Builders & Merchants alike.

Our community will always be what makes A'therys.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy