- LORE CHANGELOG
- We've been working on a new website theme, there may be some teething problems, please report any issues found by clicking [here]
- We've got a Discord server to keep the community connected, [click here to join now]
- Introduce yourself to the new A'therys Guilds system [click here]
- The Test Server is now open [click here] for the discussion thread
We are currently updating our website to the latest IPB version - please be patient whilst we update the A'therys theme to work with this. Some areas of our website may look distorted, please don't panic, this will be rectified.
Top content from across the community, hand-picked by us.
As you may or may not have heard, we have brought back a functional build of A'therys Evo onto the server. We've noticed that a lot of people have been wanting a taste of the A'therys experience and having a place in-game to relive some of your favourite memories will go a long way towards achieving that.
- 11 replies
Xathas posted a post in a topic,
So with the website returning to it's dark theme, we've made a bunch of improvements to the lorelanding!
Added a MAP to the lorelanding!
This map (see below for all 5 playable nations lit up) will light up a nation when you hover over it; and allow you to click into it to go to the nation's overview page!
Original Map Artistic Render by @cicetil
Overlay graphics and new HoriRule [the nifty divider in the lore sections] by @Xathas
Xathas posted a post in a topic,
Small Governmental Update put in today!
Added Government of the Gennaian Isles
Governmental Concepts originally by @Xathas
Very long-winded Isles Chat with @Foe, @Tristan_vr, @raxiam, @Dani, and @redninja685 . Fortunately there were no casualties. 🤯
Compiled by Xathas; Edits and Revisions by @Foe
Today we explore the city risen from seafoam, Glasscastle.
Added the cty of Glasscastle to Atvoria
Original draft by @Xathas
Critiques and edits by @RuddyF , @Rynelf , and @Kmartinator
- 0 replies
This week marks a return to new nation info, specifically: Dalkun-Tir
Added Technology of Dalkun-Tir to the Wiki
Original draft by @Dani
Second draft by @Xathas
Critiques and edits by @Dani , @Foe , and @Kmartinator
Added Marao's Fall to the Wiki
Original draft by @Xathas
Critiques and edits by @RuddyF , @Foe , and @Kmartinator
- 0 replies
I am conscious about releasing more sneak peeks of the build teams progress to the public to keep people interested! In the future you can look foward to seeing more sneak peeks on current build projects. Below you can find a picture of the main feature of Falkynthos, the Gennaian capital. As stated in the lore, this is the great Temple of Sjilea comissioned by Theoros in the Goddess' honour.
We knew when attempting Falkynthos and Gennaia that ancient Greek themed builds were going to feature prominently. However, we wanted to move it beyond its stereotype of pillars and great buildings and introduce a fantasy feature to the mix. In order to achieve just that, we decided to explore the idea of placing the temple of Sjilea upon a great cliff with a cascading waterfalls all around. "Those travellers who often sought comfort in the thought of paradise or heaven often allured their dreams to images of the Temple of Sjilea and its gardens, an area of outstanding natural beauty." - Some lore person I just made up.
We need you!
I want to take this chance to thank everyone on the build team who has assisted in the project so far, though there is plenty still left to do. This moves me to my next point, we need you! Have you ever wanted to try your hand at building? Join with a team that encourages self-value and respect for one another? Amongst our current builders, we have an accolade of creative vision and an ambition to deliver for what the community expects of us. As such we recruit builders who are knowledgeable of Conquest Reforged, and though we may not be the best, we drive ourselves to deliver and not compromise quality with a bespoke building structure. Whether you're a new or existing community member, I encourage you to apply today!
- 5 replies
As you all know, the years of A'therys have seen some impressive flags; From the glorious Vrovonic Sun to the randomness of egg-plant and duck flags.
This month, we challenge your artistic talents and ideals to suggest national flags for each of the five new nations!
**** What We're Looking For ****
Please submit the following for your entry to be considered:
* Nation : The most important thing to know; we obviously can't judge criteria unless you tell us which nation you're submitting for.
* Flag Design : What is your intended design for the flag; this can include the emblem, color scheme, and even how it is carried (Is it a pennant, a battle standard, or does the flag have a unique shape to it?)
* In-Game Appearance : Please include a photo of an in-game appearance of your flag. As Horizons will be using Conquest, please send a photo of your flag In-Game.
* What Your Flag Represents : Every flag's symbols mean something. For example; the United States has 50 stars representing the 50 states; and 13 stripes to represent the original 13 colonies.
* ( Optional ) Artistic Render : Do you have artistic talent, or know an artist who's willing to help you out? Feel free to shoot along an out-of-game artistic render!
* ( Optional ) Bribe the Judges : We accept Cash, Check, Gold, Bitcoins, and your parents' credit cards
* DISCLAIMER : This last one is a joke...
You may submit entries until December 31st, 2017.
Limit 1 Flag Entry per person, per nation (You can submit 1 flag for all 5 nations , but not 5 flags for 1 nation)
Winners will be announced January 14th, 2018!
- 9 replies
Well have I got a deal for you!
Today we have a special post for you as a small update, which will hopefully provide some insight into the functioning of towns in Horizons. As you know, towns are an important aspect of the server experience. They provide us with shelter, community, and inspire us to build and immerse ourselves in the map. However, some changes are important to know for the release of Horizons.
- Towns will no longer be purchasable with real money: all towns will be available within the game using in-game currency.
- We will no longer be using Towny; a custom plugin is being developed for our specific needs.
- There will be a minimum player requirement to start a town. No longer will one or two person towns be allowed to set up – our preliminary go-to number has been 10 people, but this may change (however it will not change drastically, so be prepared.) Without this minimum your purchase will be rejected by your nation head.
- Each town will be required to pay a periodic upkeep through in-game currency. This will automatically be charged to your town bank; nonpayment will result in penalties up to eventual removal of your town. The upkeep will require that minimum of people to meet – extra hands will lighten the burden for you. Maintaining an active player-base will therefore be crucial to the survival of your town. We are aware that this number is high – it is meant to be. You may need to reach out to players you have not traditionally played with to meet the requirements. With this, new players will be valued as potential contributors to the towns upkeep and be welcomed everywhere.
- Towns who keep their PvP status on (more on this later*) will be granted special privilege – their upkeep rates will be lower, allowing for less work to be spent mining and trading, and more time slaying and looting. This may not seem like much of a benefit at first, but players will quickly see the value in having to pay less tax. There will be more information on this process at a later date.
- To facilitate players without a town, capitals will be livable – Considered a starter town, the nation head will be tasked with overseeing the running of their nation hub. In it you will be given opportunity for room and board in case you are unable to join a player-ran town. Your lodgings may not be as luxurious as if you were in a player ran town though.
More information will be released later, and all above is subject to change! This is the working explanation for the town mechanic – it may be tweaked, however the main points are relatively safe to assume as true unless stated otherwise.
(Just an example of a title deed given by a nation Head)
- 23 replies
Man, after weeks and weeks of just working on what we already told you i thought its time to give you a small update.
Coding is still underway, further along than we ever where. We got the combat system sorted out and its now put into code.
Got more artists on board for lore and items.
We now use the main server as our development server where head, dannie, dev members etc are working as much as they can to finish all.
Now the most important thing for this diary, sadly, through some time issues with the map and no work for our builders we lost a lot of them. But now we are at a point where we actually need builders to work on national buildings. So if you can build please apply and we can put you to work immediately!
Build Team Application: https://atherys.typeform.com/to/kVygUS
What you would work on:
And a sneak peak at what follows:
So yeah, work is going full on!
- 10 replies
Evo is currently not available and won't be until the release of Horizons.
That is all.
- 0 replies
So as some people have seen, I've been tinkering with a few fun additions for the Wiki.
For those who haven't seen, please note the Test Character here.
A few questions I'd like to ask regarding it :
A) How does the sidebar interact on mobile? If it's working correctly it should center at the bottom of the Screen, and not cause any trouble. If any platforms are having trouble in this regard let me know and I'll try to flag it for backend to look at
B) I've altered the link code in the Namelink to open its link in a New Tab, rather than redirecting you. My logic is it'll cause less trouble wiht people losing their reading place. If I were to implement this in the entire Wiki's namelinks, would you like it?
C) Less a question; more an FYI - due to suggestions, website development is looking into adding a Search Bar into the Wiki to help find lore easier. So thanks to the community for always engaging in reading and giving constructive suggestions and comments our way
- 2 replies