• Atherys
  • Aloreh
  • Ar-Selukk
  • Ithero
  • Roreg Logh
  • The Daggerlands
  • Vrovona
Welcome to A'therys Ascended

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

InsanibleLector

A'therys Appreciation Thread

31 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I should probably start counting how many times I pop on and off of the forums throughout the day. If I did, I can only guess that the number would be well over a lot and somewhere under too much.  Now, the reason I do this dates back to when there would always be something new to read, and I mean always. Anyone call back to Buy/ Sell/ Trade forums? All the political theater? Anyone? Yeah, I know you're there, just like me, lurking in the shadows.

It's time to stop that. Bring out your dead. Converse and have a good time. Talk about the old days, the new days, I don't care, just talk. Give me something to read, and maybe even come on A'therys and see all of the improvements that have been made. The conquest system is pretty sweet from what I'm told, and there's a problem with that line, I myself haven't even gone to see the system in action on the live server yet.  We can talk about playing and what's good and what's bad, but if we don't actively engage with what's there, we're just couch quarterbacks or backseat drivers.

Not sure why I really wanted to write this, just wanted to see something in the new threads spot I suppose, but I also really want to see how many of you are there watching, waiting, and sitting idle. Maybe push a few of you to come back into the fold and chat a bit.

Edit: Just checked and in the past 24 hours there have been 80 people on the forums. That's a hefty number. Let's talk, reminisce a little.

Edited by InsanibleLector
13 people like this

boo.

Ahh the good ol' days. What fun they were :D 

I have a hard time saying that I want the old days back. You most of the time glorify it, but you surely lived it. But that was then. Now it's a new day and new fun things will happen. 

1 person likes this

Back in the good 'ole days when men were men, toilet paper was made out of leaves, and the pirates were Valinta Carte instead of the much less interesting sounding Marcolo Brigands (I wish it was Marcolo Banditos instead).

2 people like this

5XEZG6S.png

7 people like this

"Atherys Appreciaton Thread" 

its about time that people start to appreciate meB|

Posted (edited)

Here are some throwbacks to some memories on this server, that I'm glad happened. (Idk if this is what this thread is for, but I guess I appreciate these memories)

Getting my account hacked on forums <3

image.jpg.4bfa476bf9efc7f30ac51323bef379cb.jpg

Me appreciating the work of the build team and then some noob doing this to the tree :)

2015-08-22_12_33_27.thumb.png.37b05585f68c864940905fc00f5e9ac0.png

Edited by Joey402MC
2 people like this

Hey @InsanibleLector remember how we first met? I murdered you and then stole all the resources of the town you were building because it wasn't a towny town yet?

Those were the days....

And you still somehow gave me first in the book writing competition  <3

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Orita said:

5XEZG6S.png

Is  this old CW? like Safo's old CW? so many good memories D: back when pvp was unbalanced yet too fun.

2 people like this

7 hours ago, Dreyethel said:

Hey @InsanibleLector remember how we first met? I murdered you and then stole all the resources of the town you were building because it wasn't a towny town yet?

Those were the days....

And you still somehow gave me first in the book writing competition  <3

Being hunted in the wilderness was always a blood pumping event. How you remember that still is beyond me, but now that you mention it's coming back to me. I want to say that was the push that made ParkerM6 donate one of his town purchases to us for startup, which was awesome.

I remember the first time I came on the server and outside of Dorrod Muth was the gate to Mare Lupus with all sorts of warning signs about not entering, KoS, and what not. Made me sneak for the first half of my journey until I wandered into Crossroads and Exodus. The signs worked, I stayed away, but was also semi paranoid about dying in this world I've just awakened in.

2 people like this

13 hours ago, TaTer120 said:

Is  this old CW? like Safo's old CW? so many good memories D: back when pvp was unbalanced yet too fun.

It's old mondenburg. I don't think I have any pictures of Safo's CW

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I appreciate the legend mike chen, aka the @Velkas, the true pirate king, long locks, the six pack shortcuts trainer, the chen boi, mikel, maniacC-miichael, friend of burger and fries, 50 yen, Mr maxgreenayrat, the king of the north, the leader of harvikir, and the coolest guy I met on the server.

Edited by Chadrian
7 people like this

On April 4, 2017 at 0:12 PM, InsanibleLector said:

Let's talk, reminisce a little.

V1 was better. 

10 people like this

1 minute ago, Brady1233 said:

V1 was better. 

Ah yes, the long ago days before I became a politician.

1 person likes this

51 minutes ago, Brady1233 said:

V1 was better. 

Ah yes, the days when us Jesse Cox noobs overwhelmed the server. The days were super long and the nights too. Fighting monsters for hours in one of the many noob towns set up.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Dreyethel said:

Ah yes, the long ago days before I became a politician.

Hey same ;)

3 hours ago, Brady1233 said:

V1 was better. 

I want that tattooed across my forehead.

3 people like this

15 hours ago, Xinkc Mourningway said:

Ah yes, the days when us Jesse Cox noobs overwhelmed the server. The days were super long and the nights too. Fighting monsters for hours in one of the many noob towns set up.

Hey, dark rooms were fun stuff back in the day. Sanctum and Mare Lupus top of the charts, met quite a few people grinding together. Still find it mind boggling that people would come from outside Roreg Logh just to grind at Sanctum. 

2 people like this

Grind at Sanctum, get killed, pray to the gods you gets your items back before clear lag. Good days...

7 people like this

Ah A'therys, other servers must run on a playerbase and cool new features whereas this one can be fueled by pure nostalgia. Like that one time that we...

4 people like this

In V2 I trapped a bunch of Daggerlander raiders into my cave and refused to let them out unless they lined up in a straight line and bought my ice cream. They eventually did but the raiders also kidnapped me and brought me to Selukk. 

5 people like this

Watching the server grow, period. 

Also helping sanctum kidnap an ithero nation head. Hehe

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, Darklore123 said:

Watching the server die, period. 

Also helping sanctum kidnap an ithero nation head. Hehe

Jokes on you! Vrovona kidnapped a Loghec nation head!

4 people like this

First memory was on V1 meeting EastofNowhere and getting killed just because he wanted to stick it to the noob.

Joining Valley of Shadows and with 5 homies (who are long gone from the server) terrorizing ithero and still punking them. (made em so mad they'd come like 20 strong to our town everyday and the rest of Ar-selukk would help us)

Applesplatter and bombsaway48 used to punk us a lot but i ended up friends with them and East as well.

Omega_Iota influencing me to follow shol haha <3

Joining Valinta Carte.

Building a nice boat at frostlake because they were nice.

Dark rooms were mentioned earlier, hell yeah.

kdglad the haxor (she was nice though)

cy15 (how tf he got unbanned so many times ill never know)

the original Sandstorm Basin 

crashing the server because the 30+vs30+ with heroes plugin was too much

Jesse cox players (There was both good and bad out of that situation)

V2 and up i didnt have as much of a memorable time but I met Cuddles and made some more good pals and had a good time mostly between Roreg, Selukk and the pirates.

If anyone remembers or was apart of any of this you a real one!

4 people like this