Live Updates
Burnside

Your boi F0E back at it again with that D I V E R S E L O R E

Think I may be switching over from genaia to kilnholdt because thems is some cool stuffs. Anyone plan on starting a town willing to house a ragtag misfit band of mercenaries who definitely aren't actually a cult of faith militants?

• Like 2

On 8/2/2018 at 9:48 PM, RuddyF said:

I'm not suggesting that you're in any way related to the Faith, but how faithful are you? 😉

Sjilea one true god(dess)

Edited by Burnside

@Brady1233

Xathas 03/12/2018
The general summary: Map's terrain layout has mostly been completed and is under final revisions; after which it will undergo conquest block conversion and adding vegetation. The Gennaian Isles' have already been finished and we expect their capital to be done within the next two weeks; after which the build team moves onto the next.

Code-side; A'therys Towns has gone open source, in addition to A'therysCore [the base skeleton to any A'therys plugins]. What this means is more developers will be able to review, contribute, and use the plugins for their own servers; while contributing to development and improving this base structure. We hope to at least have Towns, Combat, and Quests worked out by launch; although this depends mainly on developers available to the project, trial and error, and java not being a dink.

The last thing any of us wants to do is launch an incomplete project; and we plan to take out time and do this right 😃

In the meantime; the build server (build.atherys.com) is available to try out the Conquest plugin and its new blocks. We'll keep updates live in the forums, as well as the Discord here, to mark progress as we go.

7 hours ago, Kurgis said:

So as far as I know that was the last update given to the community about the project as a whole (unless I'm missing something which is completely possible) and I hate to be the guy that brings doubts into the mix, but that update was almost half a year ago so I can't be the only one questioning whether or not one of my favorite pastimes of years past is still going through developments or if the staff has just been jaded to a stop. I'm not blaming anyone either way I just think it's high time for either a progress report or to stop leading people on for something that's never going to happen. Again, hate to be the guy to fall on the sword here, but I'm sure most anyone else who follows this server's development thinking the same thing. 

• Like 2

On 7/4/2018 at 2:32 AM, Sellt said:

Hello A'therys!

It has been some time since we've updated you on what has been going on in the development of A'therys. Fear not, that doesn't mean that we've slowed down - it means the opposite. A number of things have been done these past few weeks from coding to building. Our custom quest plugin is being developed and will offer us some fun opportunities to let you interact with the world and learn about the new nations.

Speaking of new nations, work on the capitals continues with Seten-Nan, capital of the harsh and desolate Dalkun-Tir.

Seten-in-progress.png

Our Lore Team is also still working on some of the finer details of the nations, and as such if you are interested in forming parts of the nation of your choice, maybe hit the lore team up in discord and start a friendly talk! Maybe your ideas will end up in the game!

Additionally I thought maybe I should write a bit about what I personally was working on and what will give you a bit more insight into the nations, the map and what kind of terrain you may expect to find. You probably already know that the Gennaian Isles are, surprise, Islands. Imagine Mediterranean islands and you got a pretty good picture of them. Further to the east one will find Daidama, with an icy north, stony highlands and further down jungles and a region inspired by the Tianzi Mountains of China.

South of Daidama we get to a dryer region, Dalkun-Tir. A nation filled with Savanna, Mesa land (inspired by Monument Valley), Canyon and a smaller Desert (far smaller than Ar-Selukk’s Desert). Both Nations, Daidama and Dalkun-Tir share the same river (which also connects the capitals) and which will be around 6.5km long. So look forward to some epic boat races!

Even further down we find Atvoria, a land shaped by magical stories. The epitome of the default fantasy land we all know from somewhere. Included are a swamp like region, mountains, large grassy plains, sharp rock formations and even a mushroom forest with flying rocks.

A bit apart from these nations to the south west we get Kilnholdt. While parts of it are inspired by Scotland we also get a huge terraced Mountain region on the main island that, in my opinion at least, looks stunning. Coming from the lowlands to the road up to the capital will be a wonderful sight.

Additionally the cave system has been slightly changed from evo to get a more epic feeling, deeper caves, some bigger ones that would be big enough to hold w whole town and even underground rivers.

If you follow me on twitter you may see one or the other region in WIP pictures I sometimes post ;) https://twitter.com/Selltos

Today we also have a special request for you. A'therys Horizons has always been a passion project for us, and our team is small but dedicated. The size of our team means that while we are working away regularly, we rely on time voluntarily donated by our contributors. During this time, we have certain upkeep costs that we will always pay to keep the servers running and our website up. We've identified a few ways where additional funds could help alleviate those costs and allow us to divert resources to getting Horizons completed faster. Horizons will be completed, with or without donations, but contributing to our upkeep will help speed things up. If you are interested in helping us out, we have started up a Patreon page:

https://www.patreon.com/atherys/overview

And if you think you can build and want to help us in that regard please follow this link and join our great build team!

https://atherys.typeform.com/to/kVygUS

We hope to see you around! Keep an eye on the website and discord for future updates!

"Kilden glory! -- No matter the cost!" - Kilden War Cry