- LORE CHANGELOG
- We've been working on a new website theme, there may be some teething problems, please report any issues found by clicking [here]
- We've got a Discord server to keep the community connected, [click here to join now]
- Introduce yourself to the new A'therys Guilds system [click here]
- The Test Server is now open [click here] for the discussion thread
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Rynelf's Dev Diary #2
Hello again. As you probably know, since HeadHunter's departure I am the lead (and only) developer now. I am not discouraged, however. This will be a brief update on what I've been working on recently.
I have three primary goals/plugins: Towns, Quests, and RPG (combat). These make up the pillars of gameplay and are what I'm striving to get feature complete as soon as possible. Of course, there are various other plugins that support these that need to be maintained, but these are the most complex.
I consider Quests nearly production ready. It just needs a few more features and polish.
What I've implemented recently:
Better feedback for missing requirements on dialogs & quests Template quests that players can use to give tasks to other players (See https://github.com/Atherys-Horizons/AtherysQuests/issues/45) Expanding the online quest editor (See https://docs.atherys.com/plugins/AtherysQuests/Quest-Editor.html ) A better UI for displaying quests to the player (perhaps an inventory one) Towns
HeadHunter left a great foundation that makes it easy to add features quickly.
What I've implemented recently:
Most /town commands (name, invite, join, claim, info, motd, description, leave, etc) Most /nation commands (name, ally/neutral/enemy, description, capital, etc) What I'm planning to implement:
Plot "stuff" (owners, embassies, protection, etc) Resident commands (not many of them) The tax system RPG
Much of the functionality in RPG is already there for the most part, but the main meat is missing: skills!
What I've implemented recently:
The base of how the skill tree will function (picking new skill nodes) What I'm planning to implement:
More "types" of skills (toggleable skills, primarily) The skills themselves, of course Like Quests, a better UI (for upgrading your attributes and choosing new skills) Conclusion
Hopefully this gives you an idea of where I am with plugin development. As always, I am always on the lookout for aspiring developers. I am Rynelf#8390 on Discord.
Finally, as poll suggests I have been toying with the idea of making the test server open to the public. I've seen many people try to connect but the server is currently whitelisted. There wouldn't be much to do except see how the current systems work, and there won't be a guarantee of saving progress as I have to clear the database regularly for testing.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Horizons Discussion Thread
Hey everyone! Since the original thread got quite large in terms of discussion, consider this the new discussion thread for Horizons gameplay. The old thread will remain open, but this is the (for now) up to date thread.
Horizons Announcement Thread.
A'therys: Horizons is a new iteration of the server with a map wipe, plugin wipe, fresh start.
- We are moving to a new continent, this means the old nations are no longer playable.
- There are 5 new nations - Atvoria, Daidama, Dalkun-Tir, The Gennaian Islands, and Kilnholdt, plus one unplayable nation!
- We are going modded, which means you will need a client to play Horizons, which we will provide.
Speaking of modded:
Haedhutner's Custom Plugins Thread.
We are going open-source. Pop in and help out!
Town Management Thread:
- Towns will be bought with in-game money earned from playing on the server.
- Towns will not carry over.
- They will require minimum populations to start, and will require regular upkeep.
- The upkeep system is designed to push towns to have some regular activity. While not an explicit minimum, the less players you have - the more difficulty you will have in paying the tax.
We have an OFFICIAL build server for you to plan your towns out on and learn the basics of Conquest:Reforged.
You will require the launcher to play.
You can read the new lore here.
Alternately, keep up with lore updates here.
Are you looking to buy a prime piece of property this side of the Stormwall?
Well have I got a deal for you!
Today we have a special post for you as a small update, which will hopefully provide some insight into the functioning of towns in Horizons. As you know, towns are an important aspect of the server experience. They provide us with shelter, community, and inspire us to build and immerse ourselves in the map. However, some changes are important to know for the release of Horizons.
- Towns will no longer be purchasable with real money: all towns will be available within the game using in-game currency.
- We will no longer be using Towny; a custom plugin is being developed for our specific needs.
- There will be a minimum player requirement to start a town. No longer will one or two person towns be allowed to set up – our preliminary go-to number has been 10 people, but this may change (however it will not change drastically, so be prepared.) Without this minimum your purchase will be rejected by your nation head.
- Each town will be required to pay a periodic upkeep through in-game currency. This will automatically be charged to your town bank; nonpayment will result in penalties up to eventual removal of your town. The upkeep will require that minimum of people to meet – extra hands will lighten the burden for you. Maintaining an active player-base will therefore be crucial to the survival of your town. We are aware that this number is high – it is meant to be. You may need to reach out to players you have not traditionally played with to meet the requirements. With this, new players will be valued as potential contributors to the towns upkeep and be welcomed everywhere.
- Towns who keep their PvP status on (more on this later*) will be granted special privilege – their upkeep rates will be lower, allowing for less work to be spent mining and trading, and more time slaying and looting. This may not seem like much of a benefit at first, but players will quickly see the value in having to pay less tax. There will be more information on this process at a later date.
- To facilitate players without a town, capitals will be livable – Considered a starter town, the nation head will be tasked with overseeing the running of their nation hub. In it you will be given opportunity for room and board in case you are unable to join a player-ran town. Your lodgings may not be as luxurious as if you were in a player ran town though.
More information will be released later, and all above is subject to change! This is the working explanation for the town mechanic – it may be tweaked, however the main points are relatively safe to assume as true unless stated otherwise.
(Just an example of a title deed given by a nation Head)
Hello everyone, new and old!
As you may or may not have heard, we have brought back a functional build of A'therys Evo onto the server. We've noticed that a lot of people have been wanting a taste of the A'therys experience and having a place in-game to relive some of your favourite memories will go a long way towards achieving that.
Xathas posted a post in a topic,December 24, 2018
So with the website returning to it's dark theme, we've made a bunch of improvements to the lorelanding!
Added a MAP to the lorelanding!
This map (see below for all 5 playable nations lit up) will light up a nation when you hover over it; and allow you to click into it to go to the nation's overview page!
Original Map Artistic Render by @cicetil
Overlay graphics and new HoriRule [the nifty divider in the lore sections] by @Xathas
Xathas posted a post in a topic,December 22, 2018
Small Governmental Update put in today!
Added Government of the Gennaian Isles
Governmental Concepts originally by @Xathas
Very long-winded Isles Chat with @Foe, @Tristan_vr, @raxiam, @Dani, and @redninja685 . Fortunately there were no casualties. 🤯
Compiled by Xathas; Edits and Revisions by @Foe
It's that time of week again!
Today we explore the city risen from seafoam, Glasscastle.
Added the cty of Glasscastle to Atvoria
Original draft by @Xathas
Critiques and edits by @RuddyF , @Rynelf , and @Kmartinator
Happy New Year, and Wiki-Entry Wednesday!
This week marks a return to new nation info, specifically: Dalkun-Tir
Added Technology of Dalkun-Tir to the Wiki
Original draft by @Dani
Second draft by @Xathas
Critiques and edits by @Dani , @Foe , and @Kmartinator
Added Marao's Fall to the Wiki
Original draft by @Xathas
Critiques and edits by @RuddyF , @Foe , and @Kmartinator