Live Updates
Sign in to follow this  
Jerome Jonsaeus

Greetings From An Old School V1 Player

Greetings warriors and travelers, I go by the name Amias Carter Jonesaeus (IGN: Mattallamune72). As the title states, I am one of the original members of A'therys Ascended (at the time) V1 server. A select few of you may recall seeing me in game back in those times however many of you probably don't. I started around 2013 when I was middle school after being introduced by an old friend at my school. He got me onto A'therys and right then I fell in love with the server. I departed around 2015 or 2016 and never returned. When I returned to the forums to reminisce, I was completely shocked when I logged on to see this server was still going strong after so many years. This truly speaks to the strength and longevity of the community and server staff. It made me proud because this was the server that started my love for RPG style MC servers and MMO games in general. 

It is 2020 now and I would like formally announce my return to the server. I hope to recreate some of the old memories I've had in the past that made me fall in love A'therys. 

My history V1. 

Spoiler

As said before, I began my journey on A'therys in V1 around 2013. I've never experienced a MC MMORPG so everything was new to me. I've never experienced the class system, the lore and the level of PvP. The first class I chose was the rogue class. Looking back, it was probably not the best decision due to my potato internet connection and inability to PvP.

My friend had a small "trade" town on a secluded island. Although we were not explicitly in the continent itself, we were apart of Roreg Logh. The location of the town was on the border of Roreg Logh and near a port city in Vrovona. My friend constructed a long railroad underground whenever he would need to go into the city (Sanctum) or use the darkroom. The town grew to slightly in numbers but we wanted more. Our town members were getting bored on a secluded island and wanted more player interaction. Along with some issues that occurred with Sanctum, we packed our bags and moved to Monas Roth (or the Daggerlands). We had a vote that was almost a landslide and packed our bags. It was difficult to leave our old town in Roreg but it was for the better. 

Our town went through a complete rebuild with a new name and identity. Our town in Roreg Logh was more of a wood style build but to stay consistent with the nations style we conformed. I vividly have a memory of staying up until 3 am building walls and fortifying our new city. It was one of the best memories I had on the server. Laughing and just chilling with some of my best friends on A'therys. However, we were faced with a new set of problems that we didn't have the answer to. When we were in the nation of Roreg, we lived on an island so there was no prospect of raiders coming due to the time it would take to get there. However, we lived on Monas Roth soil now and near the great city of Butterfly Haven, which would often get raided. We didn't have great PvPers at the time so this posed as a large issues. Unfortunately, we were seen as easy targets and raided a lot. It was slightly infuriating but it never tarnished the fun I had on an individual level. I finally leveled up to Vagabond and then Charlatan. I trekked the harsh plain of the Nether Islands for the first time. I traveled to see all of the nations such as Ithero, Ar-Selukk, Vrovona, and Aloreh. I even finally participated in my first PvP interaction defending Butterfly Haven. It was truly amazing. 

Unfortunately, like many other cities, we ran into some drama. We were not satisfied with the activity and production of our leader which was the subject of many of controversies. This town, being a democracy, elected to vote him out and vote in one of our newer members that showed more adequate leadership abilities. This caused him to leave our town and move over to Butterfly Haven, about 200 blocks away. This being my friend, at the time, I didn't want to leave him alone so I joined him in Butterfly Haven. Often going to the city to hang out with him before ultimately moving there. After a while, the town finally disbanded and moved to BH as well. Around this time, I may joined Sandstorm Basin and Ithero but I'm not completely sure. 

At the end of V1, my friend, who got voted in as new leader of our old town, came to me with a proposition to join his new town. It was familiar and I wanted to re-create the old fun I had with friends so I obliged. We set off and rebuilt our old city from scratch. This town was called Wargrave. Although, It did not recreate the old memories of our last town, I still had a great time and loved every moment of it. The family was together once again and that's all that mattered. At this time, T4 was up and I stupidly chose Troubador. Also I even became good friends with one our frequent raiders from Sandstorm Basin, megatex6. 

By this time V1 was coming to an end, we had to wait a whole summer before returning for V2. We spent that whole time planning out what our next city is going to be. I have a funny memory of going onto a hamachi server and making a railroad come out of duck's butt. I'm not kidding this was actually going to be put in the town. Ahhh...good times. 

I would put the history for my V2 experience but I do not have very good memories of the server. 

With that out of the way, who am I? Well I'm a 20 year old Business Administration student at a university in the South. Since this COVID-19 crisis and these riots, I have a lot of time to allocate to A'therys and other games. My hobbies include hanging out with family and friends, watching One Piece (that's a hobby in itself), playing sports and making YouTube videos on my channel.

If you want to subscribe and support it, here's the link. I will be likely be posting videos on this server with some friends while it is still in Test. 

The Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3rXGkI3PCak5mnvwjj2wJA?view_as=subscriber

My Best Work

I hope you enjoyed reading my story on this server. I hope to meet many of you in game and in general. If you want to say what's up or talk about A'therys memories, my discord is Mattallamune72 #8338. ❤️

Edited by Jerome Jonsaeus